Feeling accomplishment, crutches, and vacuums

I've been trying hard to be active today, really pushing myself to get things done, finding ways to overcome my mobility problems. All in all it's been a good day. I got a ton of housework done and still working to make the house the way I usually keep it. Emotionally it's been good to push myself. I've found a lot of solutions to problems, ways to do things, while still on these crutches. Basically, taking small steps, which while they add a lot of time in the tasks, still allow me to be independent and feel good about myself. If anyone finds themselves on crutches and are live alone like myself, let me know and I'll be happy to share the details of what I figured out.

Anyway, I do have a question for the forum. One of the most difficult things I've done today is vacuum. Just imagine for a second how long it would take vacuuming on crutches... not a pretty sight, but still doable. Well, while I was doing this extremely arduous task I was wondering about those Roomba things. I've got 6-7 more weeks on crutches and I was thinking about buying a Roomba. My concerns are that they won't be able to navigate the terrain of hardwood floors then oriental rugs and back again. Also, most of what I'm picking up is dog hair. How good is the Roomba with dog hair? If anyone has any input on Roombas I'd love to hear it! I don't care about the cost, if it saves me time while I'm temporarily incapacitated then it will be well worth it!

-Kevin

I'm going to send you a gold star in the mail. Seriously. Send me your address again.

Roombas are creepy. I've never been around one but it doesn't seem like the sort of invention that I'd trust as much as the infomercial would try to tell me I should.

Good roomba reviews and see what comes up.

.....why am I thinkin' annie24 has one?

Good to hear you're (mentally) feeling better. I always found the challenge of getting normal, everything things accomplished in spite of a casted limb rather satisfying. Although I did have to concede certain things when I had my left arm in a cast.

I have no first person experience with a Roomba. I think about getting one every once in a while...but only to torment my cats. I have to believe there's at least one person here who's got one...

Archived