If there was one thing you could say to a loved one...

To grandpa - I miss you every day. I'm so grateful you were in my life as a little girl. You were the one person by whom I felt completely cherished. You taught me to love life. I love you.

To mom - I still feel sad, after all these years, that you refuse to get out of your abusive marriage. I've accepted I can't make you leave or save you, but I still feel scared for you sometimes. I hope and pray you're okay, even though we don't talk much anymore. I know it's safer for you to stay in an abusive marriage than to leave and try to make it on your own. It's just too bad you had to sacrifice the relationship you had with your own children. I love you because you're my mother and I forgive you.

• 3 months later...

mum,dad,jason, all grandparents all r.i.p xx

im so sorry for how i turned out and i would trade places with you jason any day of the week, i know you died for me to survive and i know that you would have made a better son to mum and dad than i turned out. im so sorry but i am trying to be a better person.

To all the angels, please look out for and take care of my loved ones xxx

onewithbooks thanks for this thread its quite a deep one, but very helpful, thankyou xx

To my son Honey, I know it hasn't been easy for you. The hardest years yet are right around the corner. Tell you what though, you make it through those and become an adult, things will get better. I promise you. You are so so smart, you can dance intellectual circles around everyone in your life, including me. I am so scared that you'll turn to drugs, or alcohol, or something equally destructive, but I am going to do my best to ensure you remain the amazing, sensitive person you are right now. And I'll be here holding your hand the whole way.

To my daughter Baby, I know I don't pay as much attention to you as I do to your brother, but I am so proud of how strong and independent you are! You're going to be driving me to drink in a couple years, but just like your brother, you make it through to adulthood, and the world is yours for the taking. You have it in you to be a leader. I can see it in your eyes. Just humour me every now and then and take my hand as you walk towards growing up - even if just for my benefit, okay?

To my parents I know you try. You do a good job too, but I so wish you would let me know that you love me.

• 2 weeks later...

To me:

Love yourself they way you love everyone else. Believe in yourself they way you do others. See yourself as others see you. No demon out there in this world is as bad as the one in your own mind. Only you can pull yourself out of the trenches of your mind. Life can change on a dime. Quit coasting along and letting the speed bumps in life slow you down. Now is the time to get back on track. Take the faith that you have so implicitly in everyone else and put it back into you. You are worth it.

To you:

I love you. You are the only man for me. I could never love anyone as wholly I as love you. There is not one part of me that is not in love with you. You laughter brings light into my world. Your voice brings a smile to my face. I never thought my heart would ever love anyone again and yet, I love you more than I have ever loved anyone. I know I don't deserve you, but I thank God everyday for allowing me to have the honor of knowing you and the privilege of loving you.

To my Uncle: I miss you. I love you. I wish I could have told me how truly important you were to me. Why did you have to be a stubborn a--hole and not wait for me? You waited for your daughter. I know you wanted me to go to the school, but your the only reason I went. I came back to a different home, a different family, and a different world. Nobody is as happy as they were... I remember everything you've ever told me and everything we ever talked about. I remember it, and I use it, I think about it with every action I do. You made me a respectable person from filth. I didn't deserve you always being there for me. I'm sorry it didn't work out between me and her... I know you said it would work out, maybe you meant later on in the future? I hope your proud, I try every day to make you proud. I wish I could hug you.

To my Dad: I regret never having a chance to talk with you with an intellect beyond a one year old. I don't remember you, but I thank you for giving me life. It is wonderful and I wish you could be here and we could go fishing. I heard you like fishing alot - maybe I'll get into fishing and we can go fishing together when I finally see you again.

To my Mom: I'm sorry I disappoint you every day of my waking life. I'm trying to make you proud, I really am. I'm confused about what I am expected to do and I try my hardest. I thank you for everything you've done for me, I am truly grateful. If it weren't for you I wouldn't be in college. You are setting me up for success and I truly thank you. Thank you for all the effort you are putting into my success. I don't deserve it, and I don't deserve you. That much I know.

To my Cousin: Your father died. But so did mine. You should know better than anyone that my dad died. Your father was the closest thing I had to a father. I hope that where ever you are you aren't lying dead in a ditch. I respect you and you are a role model for me. I look up to you and I didn't want to see you leave. You tormented me daily and I was miserable. I miss you now, I want the torment back, I would accept it gladly in a heartbeat if it means I would have a family again.

To my Sister: I love you more then you know. I would do anything for you and even though I'm an annoying little cur, I know you care for me too. I will support you through your problems. I just want you to know I'll always be here for you and that will never change. I really wish we could have a better relationship, and maybe we will later on - I can only hope.

To my Friend: Amy, you need to live your life as Amy, and not as what he wants you to be. I don't care about what happened in your past, I care about you now, and all I can do is thank your horrible past for making you the person you are now. I care about you now for who you are, not for who you were. That's why I'm your friend. I'm here to accept you for who you are, I'm here to make your day that much brighter as you make mine.

To my ex fiance: Even though I am moved on I still miss you and everyday something doesn't feel right.

I got the nerve to tell him to say goodbye after 3 months of breaking up. He said "yes.. you're right.. but I don't know if it's just because everything is fresh in our heads or what.."

I didn't expect him to say something back

• 2 months later...

L: Thank you for showing me how to love myself and how to trust. I hope I contributed to your growth, as well, in some way or another. I love you and I forgive you.

B: I don't know where our relationship is going to go, but I give it to God. Thanks for bringing laughter to my world once again and a smile to my face. If nothing, you are a great friend and I have fun just being around you. I feel happier with you by my side. I have concerns about the viability of anything long term, as you know, but whatever happens, I thank you for opening my eyes to romance again and being able to trust someone in "that" way.

Mom: I am disappointed in you. That's why I haven't been talking to you as much anymore. Do you realize that everything you say is entitled, self-righteous, and negative? It simply brings me down when you start insulting and gossipping about people you don't even know to me. I don't want to talk about that stuff. If you have real concerns, I will listen, but your concerns are not even applied to you. You just have to judge people and be mean for no reason. Sometimes I envy other people for having mothers who encourage and support them. You burst my bubble by the way you eat so poorly with your health condition and then rant and rave at me even though it's your own fault. I am trying to be healthy and you discourage me. You are a bad role model. I am sorry that it's the case. I used to be close to you and clingy, but now I am detached from you.

Grandma: I don't like you. You are a VERY mean person. I don't like hearing you insult innocent people for their looks. That is cold. When you start screaming at the TV and the cat, does that really solve anything? And for goodness sake, can you do ANYTHING for yourself? You are not crippled. Why do you feel the need for so much attention and butt kissing? Why must you still try to control me and my cousins? Stop! We are grown. Is it any wonder we still act like little kids? Believe me, I try not to, but it is hard not to feel defensive when you are over there yelling and ranting and controlling. You, who never leaves the house, never drove...thinks you can scare us into being small. You keep telling us not to do anything because we'll get hurt. Too bad. I am not going to be a fearful, crazy, neurotic control freak all my life like you!

A (my cousin): Do you think sending pictures of penises to people over email everyday is amusing? It is stupid. Grow up, Ok? And those rude comments you made on my Facebook...I forgive you, but at the same time, I won't forget. You have no idea what everyone thinks of you. You are rude, obnoxious, and extremely offensive to everyone. You may not realize that calling a zillion times a day is selfish but some people don't want to hear your bs all day. Why not find a site like this for your bs? Heck, I do. Because you know what? People don't care, A. They don't care about your stupid political arguments and confrontations. Keep that to yourself because we don't care.

Archived