meeting the ex next week

kevin456

After 6 months NC, I reached out to my ex with a simple "what are you up to these days" text and its kicked off a lot of good conversation. I was getting some positive vibes in our text convos and decided to ask her out to lunch. as I expected, she accepted.

Any advice for our first meeting? A lot of time has passed since we were together, and I know that I have come a loooong way since the breakup. I'm going to keep it light, not bring up the past, and stay funny and positive. i guess that's all i can do right? if she's feeling it too, than we'll go from there. she may or may not still have a boyfriend but that doesn't concern me.

i think you sound like you have it covered. don't exaggerate how good your life is, just be honest and say things are going well for you etc. And keep the lunch relatively short........don't sit there all day even though you may want to.

right on! seriously cool to know that you have reached the point where it really doesn't matter what happens. acceptance and growth...beautiful.

don't have any advice for you though...never been in the situation. well...maybe there is one thing i could suggest. just be present. be there

completely. everything else will fall into place around you if you're present.

hope it goes well for you!

Archived