Has anybody asked a dumper months after they broke up with you if they were happy?

AlwayzRight

It's only been a month since my break up so I think it's too early to ask him and I'm also still on NC 32 days as of today so I don't want to break that. But I think I wouldn't be able to ask him now because I couldn't stand the idea that he's really happy without me so I'd rather not know. I like to think that he doesn't realise it yet but he was much happier with me, when we were together he told me how much happier he was and how his family all commented on how happy he seemed and it was because of me. If that was the truth, which I think it was then he was a fool to let that go, or maybe I stopped making him happy. Probably that. But I could have made him happy again had he let me, but he's not worth that effort if he's willing to give up on me so fast. So yeah I don't want to know if he's happy. Because I know what I want to hear and often what I want to hear is very different from the truth sadly.

Anyone done this just of the blue? If so what was thier response if you did get a response?

I recently asked that question! It has been 2.5 years since the break-up. He told me everything that I ever wanted to hear- it was a bad decision, he missed me, still loved me, etc. And I loved hearing it *but* it gave me the closure that I needed. It didnt make me miss him or wish I was back with him or anything. It just closed that chapter in my life. I am now way more confident in my current relationship and I know that I am a great person. So, if you are going for closure- it can be a great way of getting it! Sometimes though, I think that it can open old wounds so prepare yourself for either outcome. What are you trying to get out of it?

Archived