Ex broke NC...updated (long)

jarias2311

Alright guys so on Tuesday of this week my ex (dumper) broke NC and texted me that if I wanted to go out for her bday party that I was welcome to come. Here was her text.

"Hey i hope everything is going gooo..Just wanted to let you know im going to .... and your welcome to come. If not thats fine too, I dont expect you too.

So i responded back and asked her why she wanted me to come and she told me "No real reason just wanted to let you know where I was going and I didnt want to be rude and not let you know." Something of that nature. So i asked her again what she thought was best and she told me "Well friday I just want it to go smoothly and have no problems and be carefree so id say no but if I am doing something Thursday I can let you know if youd like." Well I respectfully declined and we started to have a convo and caught up with eachother for a little bit and we told each other it was nice to talk to each other and that we missed one another. There was no begging and pleading or fighting, just a nice convo. She continued to ask me if id like to know about her plans on thursday and I kept declining and saying that she deserved time with her friends. So we ended the convo and I didnt talk to her until her bday which was Thursday.

I sent her mom a card to give to her. It wasnt anything lovey dovey it was just a simple bday card and I wrote inside "I promised Id buy you your first drink (gave her a 20) I hope you have fun with ur friends, enjoy it. Happy birthday.

So she texted me thanking me for the card and she said "thanks for the card it was perfect lol...and thanks for the drink. You are more than welcome to come to .... tonight if you change your mind."

After some thinking i responded back "Your welcome I am glad you liked the card. You deserve to have fun with ur friends so enjoy it. Happy Birthday!"

After that its been strict NC and that was on Thursday.

My question is how did I do? How do you think she is feeling? Why did she keep asking me about Thursday and if I would like to come? Was it out of just being nice or possibly that she really wanted me to go? Where do I go from here?

Thanks for everyone who actually reads this thread.

I think she really wanted you to go, but knew that you very well might not, and that really, she couldn't EXPECT you to go. If she didn't want you to go, she would not have asked. However, you showed you are a true gentleman. I almost guarantee she would have talked to her friends about you all night, and wished you were there. Just keep on her good side, you'll be okay. What are you hoping for - reconcilation? If so, you played your cards right.

I think that was great and very sweet of you to send the card. Probably good that you declined to go to the b-day. If she wants to have a chance with you in the future I think she is going to have to work for it, since she was the dumper. I think you did good by not ignoring her, good work

Archived