Did I do the right thing?

Hey everybody I'm kinda new here and was hoping some of you could give me some input. I'll try to keep this as short as possible. My girlfriend of 6 months breaks up with me 2 days after Valentines Day because she is not ready for a relationship. To me thats a bunch of hogwash. She was the one pushing the issue of a relationship and so in love with me she says. So 6 months later you decide your not ready? Doesn't make sense to me. She's an attention freak and selfish if you ask me. She's not willing to sacrafice anything to make a relationship work. Everything was about her. She wanted to go away on trips with other guys that I've never met before. Thats the real issue I think. I don't think thats appropriate when your in a committed relationship. Its not that I didn't trust her, just out of respect for me. Anyway, I give her 2 weeks and then i poured out my heart in a letter sent with flowers. Then she messages me on the computer and tells me the same thing she said 2 weeks ago. So I begin no contact. Then 6 weeks later my friend texts me and tells the that she is at the bar that I usually hang out at and I had already had plans to go there. I was in a lose lose situation. I know if I didn't go I'd be kicking myself in the butt for letting her influence what I'm doing and if I did go, I know I would be uncomfortable. So I decided to go and i completely ignored her. I might have looked at her twice. I just hung out with my friends and acted as if I wasn't bothered. I really miss her. My heart tells me that I want her back and my brain tells me that I'm better off and it would never work. Did i do the right thing by going? Did I break the no contact rule? Any opinions to my question or views on the relationship would be greatly appreciated.

I think you did the right thing. I would have done the same. I know exactly how you feel when you say, your heart longs for her back but your head says that its not worth it. Exactly the same as my situation!

You didnt break the no contact rule by seeing her and not talking to her. I think you should continue with the no contact and try and heal yourself, soon you will realise that you can do better.

Heal and then find someone more deserving of your love...

Hey jeru1173,

I'm proud of you. You went and showed your ex that you had a life without her. Good for you! I'm kind of in the same type situation. I will not go to the gym on Tuesday nights because he always works out then. I am not strong enough yet to see him. I know I should say to hell with him and go anyway, but I'm just not there yet. I think you did good.

L