Is it creepy to be a guy going on 22 who has never had a gf?

Shinobie

Ok so in the short but seems rather long time I've been on this planet I have never had a gf. I know there are other people in the same position as me and i just wish to know is it creepy to most people if you are this old and have never had a girlfriend?

No not creepy.

But a worrying one in a way.

You never had your heart broken. . .

As the song goes. . . .the first cut is the deepest.

On the flip of this, you can find a nice girl who isn't looking for someone to be more experienced than her or to know what heartbreak is about either...and have your hearts breaking together. lol.

Something romantic about that, to me. Heartbreak is part of the territory, but better with someone than FROM someone.

The thing is, most of the time, people give more than enough chances to a first true love, even though they hurt you badly.

Just something to be aware of, not to give till you are damaged beyond repair.

I'm so gloomy at the moment. . .

That can be true. It can be all encompassing. That is also a part of it that is so beautiful (though it can not feel like that when you are hurting).

Hope you feel better soon.

No, not creepy. In fact, you're still too young to be considered a late bloomer, but late bloomers are often the most coveted men. They find themselves suddenly surprised to have women falling all over themselves for their attention, and they're especially appealing because they haven't adopted an obnoxious mindset from following bad advice from jerks.

Develop all the confidence you can in every area of your life where that comes a bit easier than girl-chasing. Take good care of your health and your looks, your education and interests, and invest in learning social skills that will position you to relax and enjoy other people. In other words, just become a 'good catch' as you grow into satisfaction with your own life, and the women will come.

Ok so in the short but seems rather long time I've been on this planet I have never had a gf. I know there are other people in the same position as me and i just wish to know is it creepy to most people if you are this old and have never had a girlfriend?

I didn't have a gf till I was 20. And that girl was bad news. I pretty much dated her out of curiosity. Good thing I didn't invest my heart into it, 'cause she would have broken it quite badly. Was probably around 22 with my first real gf. I thought that was a bit "late" too. But ya, I would recommend to try take it easy when first dating. It's a learning curve, and Hollywood may have given you some false expectations.

In hindsight, most of it had to do with attitude and self-beliefs. Maybe try a good book? Now, I'm not sure if the other forum members will agree with me here, but a couple of years later I found an e-book called "Double your Dating." And found it very valuable. I recommend you try some parts of it here and there, and ultimately, just adopt what feels natural in the end.

Archived