Patience pays off!

kevin456

When I found out my ex was in a relationship soon after she dumped me, I didn't really know what to think. Yeah, it hurt, but at the same time I knew that rebound relationships generally don't last. I took a vow of silence and went NC for 6 months. I used those 6 months to FOCUS ON ME- I bought some new clothes, worked on perfecting my smile, started working out, and in general became a more confident, better-looking college stud. My swagger/confidence is the highest it has ever been.

I reached out to my ex recently, just to test the waters. If she was still dating the other dude I wanted to stay away. But her response indicated that things aren't going so well and that he'll be out of town for a while...signs that I should continue to pursue. I can tell that she is curious about me, and I owe it all to the changes I made while we were apart.

I don't really know how this story is going to end. To be honest I don't even want to date her again; I just want to have some fun over the summer before I go back to college. We'll see how it goes.

Dude, sometimes it takes time for someone to come around. It's too early to pursue her. Don't even call her anymore. Let her come around to you. Check back with her near the end of summer and see where's she's at. Sometimes people aren't mature enough to know what they have got. They want to test the water to see what's out there. After they get beat up a bit, they mature and realize that hey, you weren't so bad after all.

I agree with all of the above statements. It's great that you have made some positive physical changes, but since she is the one who left for someone new it's up to her to come back. Stop pursuing her, i know you only put out feelers, but she is still with this guy. Look up the story of insidious1 and the crap he went through for such a long period of time. Since you are now the "stud" with confidence enjoy yourself. I'm ot saying go out and bang everything you can, but either date around or see if there is someone more perfect for you. If it's mean to be in time your NC wil pay off, she''l leave this new guy and begin pursuing you. If you get in the middle of it before they are completely done then it could push them closer together and you'll be hurt all over again.

Believe me, I'm trying my best to follow my own advice which is the advice I've picked up in success stories, continued heartbreaks and ongoing sagas here on ENA.

Best of luck to ya no matter what path you follow.

problem is I spend so much effort and money on making myself happy and looking good, Im broke as a joke, new clothes, new tattoos, new bike, new guitars. getting another tattoo this saturday, some bamboo stalks on my tricep, n e wayz these things do make me happy and keep me occupied and I guess thats all that counts. Anybody actually enjoy the feeling of being tattooed? aside from it looking good I enjoy the feeling of being * * * * * ed by that needle it actually relives stress and I think its kinda relaxin'

Archived