Living to be 100

I went to my great-great-great(times 200 more, LOL j/k) aunts 100th birthday party earlier today and surprisingly she is in the best health and shape, she still gets around on her own, can hear/speak better than most people MY age and actually made most of her own birthday cake from scratch herself (Imagine that?) and just seeing her kinda gets me choked up because I think, I know I will never make it to that age I will never live that long (I just don't feel like I will) and even if I did, I'm not sure i'd want to. All of her children have passed, and she has even lost alot of her grandchildren and I just don't want to survive through that. She accredits her great health to years of drinking moonshine and actually asked one of her great-grandchildren if they'd get her some and that bad part is I think she was partially being serious, LOL

So my question is, would you want to live to be 100 or older (Given you have great health)? Or do you hope to be pushing daisies long before then?

If I were 100 years old and in great shape, I'd be happy as hell! By the time I'm 100, it'll be 2091- Who knows what the world would look like then!

I know right! It was so amazing seeing pictures and things of stuff my aunt had when she was my age and just hearing the stories she told was amazing and she remembered EVERY little detail about her childhood.

My grandma lived into her 90's and was healthy right up to the end. She was not unhappy and did not bury any children or grandkids but at some point, she had watched everyone go - two husbands, most of her friends...

I would like to live a long life if it was healthy. But I can't bear the thought of outliving children or grandchildren. My other grandparents lost a son and two grandsons tragically - a drug overdose, a child who fell out a window and a motorcycle accident. the thought of something happening to my kid hurts so so so much.

I dunno how long I'll make it... I eat pretty healthy, I exercise (well used to until I effed up my knee recently... didn't even happen while working out or anything), don't smoke, don't drink... But I am a screwed up person, so I know I won't live very long... I'm just not very happy by nature and get stressed out constantly and I'm a pessimist. The fact that I'm socially inept gets to me big time... the passage of time gets to me big time too. So many things get to me... It's most definitively not healthy.

Archived