I'm 39 he's 31, met him on the internet and falling in love

I'm a 39 year old professional woman. Who was recently in chat room and met a 31 year old man, who has been in my life every since. I wasn't looking for love and certainly, I feel it probably wasn't the right place. But now, I feel myself falling in love with this man. (At first) I didn't think we could have anything in common but we do. I'm very attractive and tall and he's the same. We both own our own business and now we call each other's constantly. I'm a new grandmother, and I feel like wow, how could I date a 31 year old and my daughter is 20. I love him more and more each day, I have even said I love you to him and he has also. I'm just getting out of a marriage and I'm confused.

It sounds like you have a great thing in front of you. I think you should keep in touch with this man and let him know how much he means to you. However, I am a firm believer in ending one thing before starting another. So try to get everything settled with your husband before pursuing a serious relationship with this other man. I hope everything works out positively for you!

I don't think that there should be any issue with someone having a relationship with someone else that is 8 years younger at all. He's 31 and believe me that is a far cry from 20... I don't think your daughter will think he's too young for you.

One thing that does concern me and you didn't address is have you in fact met him in person? You described how you connected but you didn't tell us if you have seen him face to face.

I always believe it is better to be safe than sorry... when you go to meet him, do so in a public place the first few times until you truly get to know him.

Good luck... sounds like you found something to be excited about. That is a special thing.

• 3 months later...

Be patient and take one day at a time. I have been in an online relationship with someone for 3 years now and it is distance and the fact that we are both married, that is keeping us apart. It is a large risk to have complete confidence in what is being said online so ..... just be careful.

• 1 year later...
I'm a 39 year old professional woman. Who was recently in chat room and met a 31 year old man, who has been in my life every since. I wasn't looking for love and certainly, I feel it probably wasn't the right place. But now, I feel myself falling in love with this man. (At first) I didn't think we could have anything in common but we do. I'm very attractive and tall and he's the same. We both own our own business and now we call each other's constantly. I'm a new grandmother, and I feel like wow, how could I date a 31 year old and my daughter is 20. I love him more and more each day, I have even said I love you to him and he has also. I'm just getting out of a marriage and I'm confused.

WHat the HELL...!! I am 39 as well, and I feel better than I ever have in my life..!! Listen Honi.. your a woman, which means you are just reaching your sexual peak.. I say, jump on this horse and ride like the wind.. NO PUN intended.. You sound like a really intelligent, thoughtful woman, and I say you go for it as well...

Dave

• 1 month later...

yeah people are right i think you better give a shot you know...you are not old at all!!!and what's wrong with the age? guy can go out with young girl and girl can't do? who did say that???it 's ok..just don't be rush and lots of conversation and if you can see that he respects you ..then..it is fine i think..u know..uguys have a nice foundation relationship...bottom line is youguyz love each other..and..you can trust him ...what are you wating for!!!just..don't be rush..always..as first time..you know....then it will be a beautiful relationship..^^

I'm 28, and my boyfriend is in his early twenties--but he's a very old soul, and even my family noted, after they first met him, that he seems much, much older. He's extremely poised and mature. So who cares?

And in your case, the vast majority of 39-year-olds aren't even THINKING about being grandmothers yet, so stop defining yourself as that! In fact, think of it this way--you were only in third grade when he was born! That's hardly a major age difference; at the most, you could be a big sister (and one who would've still been a child when he was born).

Go for it! And stop thinking about the age.