Hello everyone. I would really appreciate any input on my current situation. I've have over-analyzed it for the past month or so, and now I have no idea what to think...

Back in mid-March I flew to LA to spend the week with my sister. I currently live in Washington. While I was down there I ended up meeting someone. He is actually friends with my sister's friends. He and I had an intense immediate connection. I will fast forward here a bit...

Yes, we ended up hooking-up, but I didn't have sex with him. We also went on a date the last night I was in CA. In the brief duration that I knew him (4 days) he was nothing but sweet to me. Truly and amazing experience. Well, I flew back home and have continued talking to him. I should explain a bit here. When I came home I sent him a flirty text saying that I had been thinking of him. He responded that he had been doing the same. Over the next week a few more light flirty text exchanges happened. Then he disappeared for a month. Well actually he was in China on business, but I didn't know that until he got home a month later.

Since he has been back, we have text each other almost everyday for the past 2-3 weeks. Sometimes we text for over an hour and then sometimes he won't respond to one of my texts for a few hours, and then maybe we won't text for a day, but he'll eventually send me a text later the next day. Some of our texts are the usual everyday conversations, some are really flirty. He compliments me often, makes references to seeing me, and even got drunk one night and told me that he "basically loves me." He even stood by his drunken remark the next day when he said he was being "genuine."

So I guess, my problem here is that I just don't know if he's toying with me or is really interested in seeing me again. It is one of those too good to be true scenarios, and I am just really scared because think I really like him. However, why doesn't he pick up the phone and call me? And how do I get him to ask me to visit him, because I would in a heartbeat. For the record, I am not trying to date him...yet. I just want to see him again and see if we still have that connection.

I have never been involved in a situation like this, or even a long distance thing. Most flings are just that...flings, but I guess we both made a lasting impression. Is it possible that he's that into me too?

What should I do?

Archived