your age and your REAL number :)

Elsewhere

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jonny & hmm,

Nobody likes to be told that they need to change their personality in order to accomplish something. I'm well aware of that and I hate being told that myself. But I can tell you that if you don't give a little, then you will die a virgin. Now, there's nothing wrong with that. I can just tell that it's not what you want. You can sit here and make excuses about never having had friends and that you don't like to do things that involve other people. Again, fine, but it won't get you anywhere. You are just trying to justify your reasons for not trying. It's rare for anyone to get anything they want without trying. If it really matters to you, then you will go out of your way to make it happen. This may involve changing your life around a little. Maybe you might need to look for a more female friendly job or hang out with people you don't like all that much. People do this stuff all the time. Don't be so stubborn.

That is all.

Jonny & hmm,

Maybe you might need to look for a more female friendly job or hang out with people you don't like all that much.

Yes, hanging out with people you don't like all that much is a big one. You said you work in construction, right? And I said well get to know those guys on the job. Try to go out with them. And you think they're a bunch of drunks that you want nothing to do with. Understandably. I don't want you to be like that, but you can utilize this situation just to get out there a little bit. You don't have to like these guys or respect how they live, but at least you would be able to meet people in some sort of social setting, you know? You just have to work with what you've got right now. And that happens to be your fellow construction workers. That's why I was asking about your school and work and all that, just trying to figure out what your life is like so I could help come up with some way to use your resources, as crappy as they may be right now.

I would never want to hang out with them...seriously.

They are drunk when they don't work, and hang out at white trash bars along with it.

One of them has been barred from what seems to be every bar in sight because of fighting.

I don't drink at all. I hate it.

And I do that job because I just don't know what to say to people I don't know. I feel very uncomfortable doing that.

I would never want to hang out with them...seriously.

They are drunk when they don't work, and hang out at white trash bars along with it.

One of them has been barred from what seems to be every bar in sight because of fighting.

I don't drink at all. I hate it.

And I do that job because I just don't know what to say to people I don't know. I feel very uncomfortable doing that.

Well you're going to have to step way out of your comfort zone if you want to see a change. Anything else going on, socially? Anything at all? If work is the one and only place you come into contact with other people, you need to take advantage of it. You don't have to drink, you don't have to start a bar fight, but you really should get out there. YES, I SAID IT. "GET OUT THERE." I know y'all were like "well where?? We have no friends!" and this n that, but you DO have opportunity to put yourself "out there" and you're not taking it. I know it's not your scene and you're uncomfortable with it, but it's what you have to work with right now, so make something of it. I know the two of you are socially isolated and you are very very uncomfortable with people and it's hard for you, but the fact of the matter is that you've got to put yourself into uncomfortable situations or you will stay in your own bubble forever. And I know you don't want that.

I've never had anything going on socially.

I just don't see how being around drunks in a bar is gonna help me.

I can't even stand the smell.

Well suck it up and stand the smell for a night. It's going to help you by forcing you into a social situation where you have to interact with people. You're 25. You've got to learn how to talk to people ASAP.

Well suck it up and stand the smell for a night. It's going to help you by forcing you into a social situation where you have to interact with people. You're 25. You've got to learn how to talk to people ASAP.

Yea....but I might get beat down there for being the little creepy guy.

I'd have better luck at Wal-Mart.

Yea....but I might get beat down there for being the little creepy guy.

I'd have better luck at Wal-Mart.

Hahaha well, I'm all about baby steps. We can start there and work up to the bar. You're just not forced to interact with anyone at Walmart...except the cashier. But hell, you're being so damn stubborn I'll take it if you're finally gonna throw me a bone

No...unless yourself counts as a half. Or unless one guy did you in the ass or something lol

Yeah Jonny, let Ghost take you out and show you the ropes lol I'm typing all these LONG ass messages to you, telling you exactly what clothes to wear, what haircut, where to shop (I even went so far as to find the address for the mall in his area cuz he said he didn't know where it was), and everything and I don't think you're taking me seriously at all. So maybe it's too far out of my hands and you just need a professional to show you how it's done lol

Archived