Uti?

these past few hours i've started to feel uncomfortable down there....felt like i had to pee but didn't pee much each time. a couple days ago it was slightly itching down there, i thought i was a bit sore from being intimate. could it be a UTI? could both be related? i will probably find out for sure tomorrow. but i am making this thread to get some help until then....

It could be. It really does sound like it. The sensation of a full bladder but being completely empty is very very typical of a UTI.

Your best bet is to drink some type of citrus fruit. Sobe's, grapefruit, pomegrante, orange juice, cranberry juice.

Cranberry juice takes it away within the day. You can also try changing out to cotton lined panties and loosely fitting shorts. Showers can help.

When I have a UTI I feel like I have to pee really bad, and when I try there is not much there. But it burns REALLY bad when I try. I get AZO pills from walmart (or any pharmacy). The first dose doesn't do much but take a couple more doses over the time specified on the directions (I think you can take it every 4 hours) & then it starts feeling better soon. Turns your pee very dark yellow, almost orange.

I hate UTIs!! The last one was so bad that I was in severe pain just sitting, or bending down to pick something up off the ground. I would pay big $ to go to an ER & treat it right away than to just wait until the next day to see a regular Dr, it's that bad. At least, it was until I discovered AZO.

ok i am freaked out...when i pee now it is a little bloody.....and i saw a few very tiny clots but it MIGHT be from my period which finished on tues. still it really hurts to pee!! i will go to the docs in the morning, everyone is asleep now.

I think blood in the urine is a symptom of a UTI turning into a kidney infection. Do your sides hurt?

Did you had any blood in your urine yesterday? If your period ended & you didn't have any blood until just now... well that isn't good.

Personally, I wouldn't wait if I thought my kidneys might be in trouble. You don't fare well without your own.

my sides do not hurt. just the area where i pee and clitoris.

my period's last day was on tues and wed and thurs i had no blood. it really does not look or feel like period blood. blood comes out in my urine. a reddish brown colour.

crap

it's 1am now

That's good you figured out it is likely bleeding from the bladder & not the kidneys. I've never had blood with a UTI so that would completely freak me out!! Try to get some sleep so tomorrow will come sooner!

That's good you figured out it is likely bleeding from the bladder & not the kidneys. I've never had blood with a UTI so that would completely freak me out!! Try to get some sleep so tomorrow will come sooner!

i don't know - it says

On the other hand, while passing urine, if blood comes out right from the beginning to end, then this is an indication that the infection is in the kidneys, that is why blood comes out right from the beginning to end.

link removed

Is there a nurse line you can call, describe your symptoms & ask whether they think you should wait til tomorrow or go in now?

Personally, it is not a big deal to me to go to the ER. I live in a rural area where the ERs aren't exactly overflowing. The only difference is you pay a bit more, and your health insurance pays quite a bit more.

i am in canada so i'm not worried about the cost

but everyone in my house is asleep (i did tell my brother and his wife, this was before the bleeding) but if i feel pain i will wake someone up. also can't call a nurse line, everyone will wake up so i am on medical websites.

i am so scared from this blood and all the clots. how can i pee out that stuff??

I think the only way it will stop is if you stop bleeding. Can't you drive yourself to an ER? You have a problem here. They will live even if you wake them up for a few minutes when you are moving around & making noise.

thanks so much alli

i tried to sleep last night, i did after about an hour or two of leaving ENA. i woke up late this morning, my pee didn't hurt AS bad so i thought i would be ok. i took a shower then told my mom i was going to the clinic. i didn't eat yet so i feel more sick. i took an advil last night.

sadly the clinics near me (4 within walking distance) were all closed so i knew the ones i could take by bus would be closed too. there's no car at home at the moment.

i've seen a bit of blood and clotting again but it wasn't as bad as last night.

i also bought cranberry juice.

hopefully it doesn't get worse if it does i will go to the ER but as of now i think it will be ok with the cranberry juice...

Aww you poor thing! You haven't gotten to a Dr yet? When will there be a car available for you to get to one? I find UTIs to be completely miserable, but I guess it is probably bearable temporarily for some people. Is there a Walmart or a pharmacy you can get to nearby? The AZO pills will make it feel a lot better. All it really does is cover up the symptoms, so you still have to get an antibiotic, but it makes it feel better until you can get to a Dr.

are they called AZO pills?

my sister should be home in a few hours i think, i can ask her to drive me.

i actually am feeling better today, it hurts less now when i pee. maybe because i drank a lot of the cranberry juice so i had more natural urine coming out.

hardly any blood any more.

i feel kind of bloated in my abdomen but otherwise i am ok.

was this even a uti? =S

thank you! i didn't know i could buy it without getting some urine test done. when my sister comes home i will ask her to drive me.

i am feeling better. not sue if it really was a uti any more. it can't be pregnancy right? i doubt it anyway. because i only did it on tuesday which was also the last day of my period. so it's been only 3-4 days.

I've never been pregnant before, but your symptoms seem more like a UTI. I think when pregnant women feel like they have to pee all the time, it is because the baby is pressing on their bladder & making it feel full. Obviously, the pregnancy must be pretty far along for the baby to be big enough to do that, so I don't think what you are experiencing is symptoms of pregnancy.

Just remember with the over the counter pills I told you about... all they do is cover the pain, but the infection is still there so you still have to go to the Dr.

my sides do not hurt. just the area where i pee and clitoris.

my period's last day was on tues and wed and thurs i had no blood. it really does not look or feel like period blood. blood comes out in my urine. a reddish brown colour.

crap

it's 1am now

Sometimes after the period there is a brownish looking blood that comes out. So, I wouldn't really worry about that too much. If there is blood in your urine all of it will usually look dark brown (as in shockingly dark).

You could have had a UTI because often they will clear up on their own.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Archived