Foods high in Iron

Red meats and spinach are my favs.

Remember that you can absorb far more iron from meat sources than from plant sources. There are ways of optimizing absorption, though, such as increase intake of vitamin C (at time of iron-bearing food consumption). Steak and a tall glass of orange juice and you're looking good!

Red meats and spinach are my favs.

Remember that you can absorb far more iron from meat sources than from plant sources. There are ways of optimizing absorption, though, such as increase intake of vitamin C (at time of iron-bearing food consumption). Steak and a tall glass of orange juice and you're looking good!

Yes, you are correct ~ I work in the medical field and I counsel people all the time on how to boost up their iron...most of them are young women in their child bearing years...they need to get off those diets and eat healthier.

Google, my friend. it is useful.

Iron Rich Foods

Beef, Pork, Lamb (Pick red meats that are lean)

Green Leafy Vegetables: Spinach, Asparagus, Broccoli, Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, Kale, Turnip Greens, Parsley, Cabbage

Certain fortied foods: Cereals, Oatmeal, Pasta, Rice, Grits

Liver, Tofu, Barley, Fish: Tuna Potato

Foods High In Iron

Salmon, Shrimp, Tuna, Oysters, Clams, and most kinds of seafood.

Most kind of Dried Beans: Lima Beans, Kidney Beans, Navy Beans, Soy Beans, Chick Beans, Pinto Beans, Black Eye Beans

Nuts: Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Sesame, Tahini

Dried Fruits: Apricots, Rasins, Dates - Prunes, Figs

Turkey, Chicken, Egg Yolks

Archived