Sunless Tanners

I am extremely pale (Think transparent) and would love to get atleast a little color to my skin but would rather skip risking the skin cancer by tanning so I need a good sunless tanner that doesn't make me appear orange or stain everything I touch.

Any suggestions?

This reminds me. I bought some fake tan the other day because it was really cheap. It was the Jergen's Natural Glow Express for medium to tan skin tones. I've used fake tan before, but it never really worked for me. It just kind of made me look yellowy. I thought the darker stuff might be better. Anyway, I decided to do a spot test with a tiny bit on my leg first. It was like the difference between night and day. It was so ridiculously dark. I'm so glad I didn't use all over my body. I would have had to hide from the world for a week.

Hint: do a spot test first!

This reminds me. I bought some fake tan the other day because it was really cheap. It was the Jergen's Natural Glow Express for medium to tan skin tones. I've used fake tan before, but it never really worked for me. It just kind of made me look yellowy. I thought the darker stuff might be better. Anyway, I decided to do a spot test with a tiny bit on my leg first. It was like the difference between night and day. It was so ridiculously dark. I'm so glad I didn't use all over my body. I would have had to hide from the world for a week.

Hint: do a spot test first!

definitely!! Sounds like you may have just gotten one that was way too dark. Also think most of the time once the lotion dries it lightens up. I definitely plan on trying before I buy and getting the lightest color I can find.

Thanks I have heard alot of people talk good about the Jergens moisturizer. So I will have to get some and try it.

Do you know if its expensive?

it's pretty inexpensive. i bought the older version, forgot how much it was, but i'm sure it was no more than 10 bucks.

definitely!! Sounds like you may have just gotten one that was way too dark. Also think most of the time once the lotion dries it lightens up. I definitely plan on trying before I buy and getting the lightest color I can find.

Go for the ones that build up then. That way you just apply it daily and get to the color you want. I just hate applying lotion. I feel so sticky and greasy when I go to bed. I don't mind having dry skin.

Go for the ones that build up then. That way you just apply it daily and get to the color you want. I just hate applying lotion. I feel so sticky and greasy when I go to bed. I don't mind having dry skin.

maybe you should look into a light moisturizer that absorbs better. they really shouldn't feel greasy. having dry skin apparently means aging faster!

If you are feeling sticky and greasy after using lotion or moisturizer you are either using the wrong kind or too much. Dry skin isn't a good thing and as another poster mentioned can make you age faster.

maybe you should look into a light moisturizer that absorbs better. they really shouldn't feel greasy. having dry skin apparently means aging faster!

I know, but I actually have pretty greasy skin as it is. Not like oil grease, but it's kind of clammy. Moisturizer doesn't really soak in. I hate the feeling when my legs rub together when I have it on.

Archived