Anyone know any good programs for beginner's yoga?

wii fit?

That's what I was gonna suggest!

Not only is it a fun way to do yoga but you get to do it in the privacy of your own home so if you suck (like I do) that way you won't be completely embarassed attempting to do it in public (at a gym or ymca type place) where you are surround by a bunch of yoga gurus who make it look like you have no clue how to do any of it lol

That's what I was gonna suggest!

Not only is it a fun way to do yoga but you get to do it in the privacy of your own home so if you suck (like I do) that way you won't be completely embarassed attempting to do it in public (at a gym or ymca type place) where you are surround by a bunch of yoga gurus who make it look like you have no clue how to do any of it lol

lol, I suck at yoga and my brothers laugh at me so I guess it's not completely private

Thanks, all! I think the "Yoga for dummies" disc looks like a good option (despite the self-depreciating negativity of the title ). I think I'll give that a shot. It's cheap and I won't have to spend any gas to go to a class. I bought a disc by some guy named Bryan Kest but it moves way too fast. I can't keep up with it. I'm gonna need to work myself up to that level. Right now I need something that will take me through the steps slowly and it looks like that disc will probably do the job. If I don't like it then I might consider going to the Y. Thanks again! I appreciate it!

Where I live it's called "hot" yoga, which makes us feel pretty good when we talk about it. lol

Yeah, that's the idea behind the Bryan Kest video, I think. His program is called "Power Yoga". Looks really good, just a little too advanced for me at the moment. I look forward to giving it a try once I'm a little more acclimated though.

Yeah, that's the idea behind the Bryan Kest video, I think. His program is called "Power Yoga". Looks really good, just a little too advanced for me at the moment. I look forward to giving it a try once I'm a little more acclimated though.

Well, at temperature, it kicks my butt every time so don't be discouraged. Yoga is all about listening to your body and doing what it tells you it needs to do. If that means taking a few second break to slam some water, so be it. If that means stopping to wipe the sweat out of your eyes, it's all good. When I started (which is the same for just about every time I've been a beginner at anything) I could barely keep up. Now I keep up just fine but still stop to drink and mop occaissionally.

Hey, just wondering how you've found the yoga book?

Is it working out alright for you, or do you prefer the dvd style where its a more visual guide?

If you go to link removed - you can find alot of free yoga resources.

One of the problems i found when i first tried yoga is that the dvd's arent always complete guides. They want you to buy more and more dvd's. Its seems to never end. Every time they made a promise for the 'ultimate' whatever on the next dvd in the series,i'd buy it and then there'd be another 'ultimate' pose or whatever. And it made me feel confused and like i wasnt getting an effective and thorough course. And it was expensive..

Anyway, keep us posted!

No, haven't gotten a chance to look into it yet, but will do soon. From what I gather, I think the general objective in yoga is to feel something but there is no ultimate pose or good or bad pose just what feels right for the person practicing. It's just about feeling and being in the moment. I'm just starting to look into this, but so far that's the general idea I'm getting. But yeah, I'll let you know what I think of the book once I get a chance to look at it. Thanks again, appreciate it!

Archived