2 large eggs, 3 or 4 times a week=too much?

I have heard of recent studies that say that eggs are not as bad as they once thought. If you don't have a cholesterol problem then I wouldn't worry...just also make sure you eat things that tend to lower the cholesterol..and perhaps instead of buying the large eggs, buy medium eggs or reduce it to 2-3 times/week rather than 3-4 times. We all have foods we like that are not great for us..as long as we balance it out with foods that are good for us.

I eat 35 eggs a week. The yellow is all cholesterol .The white has no fat at all.It is full of protein. The high consumption of the yellow may elevate blood cholesterol. I generally eat the whites as it is the best natural source of bio available protein.

If you like your eggs whole then id recommend you have a piece of toast with margarine which contains plant sterols which will help block the cholesterol uptake of the eggs . Eat the toast first though so it goes through a little earlier down your system

cholesterol is one of the building blocks for sex and other hormones. My endocrinologist has me eating 3 eggs per week to help me avoid needing birth control pills or HRT, but only one egg each of those days. I have 0 cholesterol issues.

Ditto.

Take out the yellows.

Nope, misinformation. Yolks have good stuff in them too - if you eat a healthy diet and diet there is no problem for most people. Always some genetic risk present for arterial plaque, but that would have nothing to do with eggs anyway.

My mother ate out for breakfast 1 entire year with 2 eggs / day. Her blood pressure increased to 140-145ish, it was normal prior to getting into the habit of eating out for breakfast.

I don't know the detail of it all, but I can tell you that 2 eggs, 7 days per week harms you.

However, I don't know if 3-4/week has negative effects. Couldn't give you that info.

Archived