my friend is cheating on his wife, i want to tell her

hello2u

Hi hello2u, I am "smatman" You can call me Tim. Personal experience has taght me to stay out of such matters, especially if he is a cop!! Regardless how well you know this couple This is their problem. Who knows they may have an open marriage where she may know. You can never tell. I would just stay on the sidelines and just be her friend. You want to keep it under surveilence. If You witness a domestic dispute than all means call the police, but remain silent.

Sorry if this disapoints you. My direct e-mail address is email removed Tim

• 2 years later...

OK, perhaps you could say to your friend that you don't agree with his actions and suggest that if he isn't open with his wife, then perhaps you will have to step in.

It's hard, but the onus is kind of on you as you are aware of his actions. I would definitely have wished to have been told about my husbands affair had anyone else known.

You could anonynmously tell his wife. Send her a letter or something. Don't let it be traced back to you. Make sure the dates corroborate with dates ao she can check back and remember. She deserves to know. I would want to know.

You could always have a word with him. I know a group of jocks who reigned in their friend, because he was messing around this lovely girl - peer pressure made him do something about it. I guess when all his friends said it was a bad thing to do, he was outnumbered and gave in. Sorry I'm not more helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

TELL HER! BUT DO NOT tell her you have feelings for her at this point, i would just offer to be there for her, and do things to cheer her up.

Eventually she may feel the same about you, but if you tell her now she will just question your accusations and motives of being in YOUR best interests NOT hers. and thats not a good way to start a relationship.