Is this a good idea?

G3LesPaul

So, about a week ago, this cute girl was walking towards her dorm, towards me. Ive seen her before. So when she got close, I looked at her, she looked at me, took a sip of coffee and smiled at me. I was like WOAH. So next time I see her, I was thinking I just go up to her and say:

"Hello, im Matt. This may seem forward, but when you smiled at me the other day, it was the most beautiful smile I have ever seen" (which was true) then leave. Is this a good idea?

So, about a week ago, this cute girl was walking towards her dorm, towards me. Ive seen her before. So when she got close, I looked at her, she looked at me, took a sip of coffee and smiled at me. I was like WOAH. So next time I see her, I was thinking I just go up to her and say:

"Hello, im Matt. This may seem forward, but when you smiled at me the other day, it was the most beautiful smile I have ever seen" (which was true) then leave. Is this a good idea?

I would not say it like that. It's too direct. Just say you're incrediby cute and I want to get to know you better. I am late for class(or something else that makes you look busy) but give me your number and I will call you.

I would not say it like that. It's too direct. Just say you're incrediby cute and I want to get to know you better. I am late for class(or something else that makes you look busy) but give me your number and I will call you.

I agree with Dubb. It's a little too forward, even for me-I'm really romantic and melt with those kind of phrases- but you don't know her so she might be weirded out.

That's a horrible idea.

So is this one. At least the first part.

Why don't guys understand this? When you get a girls number and get her to hang out with you, its understood on both parts what's going on without verbalizing it. You don't have to BS her with the "you are cute", because if she wasn't cute you wouldn't be asking her out.

If you see her again. Start up a funny conversation then throw something like this in there, "Later this week I'm going to XXXX it's gonna be awesome, you should come along."

Then don't ask for her number like its a question of whether or not you are going to get it. Hand her your phone while you're talking and say "Cool just put your number in my phone, and I'll call you right now so you have my number saved"

This way is so much easier to get a girl's number. Just don't sound like a robot or look nervous when you're doing it.

Archived