Need advice on employeer law???

luke2005

Hi all,

Just a quick question for all you nice friendly people. I am having a discplianary next week, the good news i am most probably going to get a final written warning (thought i would get sacked for not following process).

My question is, when i apply for other jobs, i will be putting my current employer down as a reference, will they tell the new employer if i have had a disciplianary, are the new employer allowed to ask for this information???

Thanks all.

In the UK, which is where I see you are based, potential employer's are allowed to ask about your disciplinary record, and current employer's providing a reference are certainly entitled to include this information. They have an obligation only to not be misleading. Whether or not they actually include it depends entirely on their attitude towards you and towards the potential employer. There is no legal issue here.

that has really worried me because i have applied for royal air force, next time i go i have to take details of references with me, what do i do

a) put down company pray they dont ask for that info

b) ask someone in HR if they will do one or put her details down although its not normal procedure.

C) give my notice in on monday giving them 2 months so they drop the disciplinary, i can then temp until successful as i hate my current job anyway

They ask the previous employer if the person worked for them on a certain date. They also ask if they are eligible for rehire. If you say no to the rehire question, they take it for granted there were problems. Being eligible for rehire means if that person reapplied to the company, would you consider hiring them again? In California, that is all they can ask, but it is all they need to ask.

They ask the previous employer if the person worked for them on a certain date. They also ask if they are eligible for rehire. If you say no to the rehire question, they take it for granted there were problems. Being eligible for rehire means if that person reapplied to the company, would you consider hiring them again? In California, that is all they can ask, but it is all they need to ask.

In my state, we don't 't even ask about rehire eligibility. But since the OP is not in the US, i can't even elaborate at all to his question. Initially i thought he might have been in the US.

Archived