I've decided to do it

Stuffy Nose

I've been after this girl for months, and I think I finally saw things as they are.

If she's not interested in me now, she won't be, so there's no point in obsessing. So, I've decided the smart and rational thing to do is to make it obvious that I am very interested in her, and see what happens.

Worse case scenario: She rejects me. The bright side is that I have nothing more to fear, and I can start getting over her.

Best case scenario: She's interested in me too.

I just felt that I had to tell someone, and ENA has been loads of help to me. Also, I thought I might ask: How much should I do before realizing that she must know I'm interested, but just isn't returning any interest, but is too shy to outright reject (because I know she won't outright reject me; she's so, so nice)?

If you have been after her for months then you need to ask yourself if she has shown any interest in you. I take it that if you are at this point then she has not show as much interest in you as you like. If that is the case then whether you tell her how you feel or just make it obvious, your actions are in vain.

My personal opinion is that you should not tell a girl how you feel instead you need to show her how you feel. That means that you spend time with her and let your actions to the talking.

@ Day Walker:

I've been so, so shy for the past months, so I haven't done anything to show interest up until about a week ago. Since then I've been trying hard, doing it subtly. Sometimes I think she's returning the signs, but other times I don't. Then I think maybe she's thinking what I'm thinking ("Is he interested in me, or just being friendly?"). So I decided the reasonable thing to do is to make it almost blatantly obvious.

On that note, I would never ever just tell her. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, and that is in no way romantic. I was just thinking... actually acting like I'm interested in her, instead of hiding the feelings.

Then the question was, how long before I become the weirdo guy who won't stop trying? I don't want to be that.

In which context do you see her? School? Work?

Do you get to socialize with her...? Do you know her well? From word of mouth or by getting to know her by asking her questionsd?

Show her you're interested by gestures and stuff... opening doors and being nice and sharing notes if you have a class... stuff like that...

GOOD luck!

School. We live in the same building. We've been socializing more and more.

I wanted today to be filled with her, but instead, nothing. Her birthday is on Wednesday, so I need to find/make something really special. Unfortunately, I'm gone for the weekend. I'm kicking myself for not making an opportunity today.

Archived