'Well, She Had Pretty Hair'

ghost69

Yeah, I notice this with my friends ALL THE TIME. I mean I get the different tastes thing and all that but sometimes you wonder if they're purposely overstating her attractiveness to make themselves/her look better.

Example: Like this guy I work with at the gym. He's got a great smile and flirts with every attractive girl in the place. He has loads of self-confidence and just exudes cool...is just a real winner. But yet he's married to a woman who's probably around 30-40 lbs overweight.

One night he said to me, "Man, 4 years ago I would've smashed half these chicks in here, but that's the old me."

Well, I hate to tell you buddy, but I think you're kinda missing out.

Example: Like this guy I work with at the gym. He's got a great smile and flirts with every attractive girl in the place. He has loads of self-confidence and just exudes cool...is just a real winner. But yet he's married to a woman who's probably around 30-40 lbs overweight.

One night he said to me, "Man, 4 years ago I would've smashed half these chicks in here, but that's the old me."

No, just because you think his wife is less than perfect for him doesn't mean he feels the same way. I am pretty sure he thinks she is beautiful (otherwise he wouldn't be married to her..) He isn't missing out on anything to be perfectly honest, you don't know how their relationship is. It could be YOU missing out because you are too worried about his life and not enough about your own.

Yeah, I notice this with my friends ALL THE TIME. I mean I get the different tastes thing and all that but sometimes you wonder if they're purposely overstating her attractiveness to make themselves/her look better.

Wow if you said that about a girl I was dating, let alone one I was married to, I would put my fist through your face. You must have some understanding friends.

I obviously didn't say that to his face! Jeez, you guys have a pissy day or what? She's a very nice woman and I know her. I'm just stating that he goes around acting like he's hot s*** with the ladies and talking about how sexy all these other girls are and how he could sleep with them but his wife is not what most would consider "hot." She's still nice looking and a really cool person. I'm just saying it seems he's missing out on a lot of gorgeous girls IN HIS OWN WORDS NOT MINE. His is a strange situation because he never talks about how hot he thinks his wife is.

Why would I care about his life? I mean he's a friend, but we don't hang out outside of work. That's a stupid thing to say.

Stop putting words into my mouth guys. That's horses**t.

That happened to me -- on the other side. My bro-in-law made me sound like some sort of goddess to his co-worker, who anxiously wanted to meet me. We did meet, and things went well, until I had one too many glasses of wine. (I'm a lightweight.)

I asked my bro-in-law later, "He didn't like me, did he?"

"No," he said.

To preserve what dignity I had left, I did not press for details and left it at that.

Archived