'Well, She Had Pretty Hair'

ghost69

ever have a friend tell you about some girl he met and pump you up so much about how hot she is? or a guy your female friend met?

they just go on and on and on about how attractive they are. then you finally meet them and you are like - they ain't all that. it's almost like they made them out to be this hot hot hot person and set it up for disappointment. it happens when friends pump you up about movies too.

anyways, this just happened to me last night and all i could think was 'she had nice hair.' i hope i'm not the only person that thinks this way. i know everyone has their own tastes, but when the friend knows YOUR taste and still says you would like her and all that.

i was kind of let down bye him.

Attractiveness is so subjective, even when scouting for others. I would always take the hype with a grain of salt to prevent dissappointment.

Happened way too many times, I realized very early on that me & my friends have very different taste in men.

i understand the taste differences and all that. but, i've seen what types of girls this guy has been with, what he likes, etc. and this girl was nothing near it. i've had buddies do this a lot. they go waaaaay off spectrum. but it's not just that i thought she was unattractive, it's that they pumped it up so much. the hype killed her even being cute....IMO.

it's like seeing a badass commercial for a movie and you go see it and you walk out the theater like 'wth was that? lame.'

you're talking about a girl that's for himself that he just told you about, not some chick he's trying to hook you up with right?

nah, some girl he's already hooking up with. he even said something under his breath 'check it out' to me to take a good look when she wasn't looking. i looked and just smiled back at him like to smooth it over. i was more in awe at the let down. but hey, it's his action, not mine.

i understand the taste differences and all that. but, i've seen what types of girls this guy has been with, what he likes, etc. and this girl was nothing near it. i've had buddies do this a lot. they go waaaaay off spectrum. but it's not just that i thought she was unattractive, it's that they pumped it up so much. the hype killed her even being cute....IMO.

it's like seeing a badass commercial for a movie and you go see it and you walk out the theater like 'wth was that? lame.'

LOL sometimes people do go completely off spectrum. Its so funny when this happens & you meet the person, you're not sure what to say & the facial expressions can be priceless. Of course - with my friends they just say it like it is - we would say - Are you freakin kidding me? ...you went on & on about this?? haha

Happened way too many times, I realized very early on that me & my friends have very different taste in men.

hahaha. ditto.

I tend to go for Mathew Mccaughnohay types who've beach blonde hair (from the actual beach), and great, glowing tans.. with great bodies. (like my boyfriend--so God help me!).

My best friend tends to go for slim, intellects with a Romantic air (like Orly).

And another of my friend tends to go for suave Latino men (I tend to like them too, they're a close second!!! like... the younger Antonio Banderas.)

It's been two years and I still rave about the man I'm dating. My friends reacct the same way as you did. hahaha. They think he's ok, good-looking but not as great as I made him out. (aka ADONIS!)

hahahaha.

nah, some girl he's already hooking up with. he even said something under his breath 'check it out' to me to take a good look when she wasn't looking. i looked and just smiled back at him like to smooth it over. i was more in awe at the let down. but hey, it's his action, not mine.

lol i had a friend that used to do this all the time. She'd be all goin on about how hot he is, then I'd see him and like "gross." I came to expect it after a while. She'd be like 'This guy I met is gonna meet up with us later, he's so hot!" I'd be like, "Riiiiiiiigggghhhttt...." I didn't really care because beauty is the eye of the beholder and all, but it did piss me off when she'd try to hook me up with their equally unattractive (in my opinion) friends all the time and keep bugging me about double dates and stuff when I made it clear I didn't want to.

I know exactly what you mean! My girlfriends are always tryin to hook me up with guys, and they know what I like, but the guys the pick are the complete opposite of my type and until the moment I meet them my girls are like "OMG, he's sooooooo hot, you're gonna love him!!" Then I meet them and I'm like WTH!?!

I set my friends up for that without even saying anything...

I think my current boyfriend is attractive, and my friends met him, and one of my friends, who even admits outright that she is shallow (I like my friends honest and blunt), pulled me aside and said, Why are you with him? This is a step down for you, you've done and could do so much better!

This remark was in terms of attractiveness, but I never said anything about his looks when describing him to my friends. His intelligence, sense of humor, kindness, awesome musician. No wait, I did say his eyes and hair are gorgeous, which they are.

I've been all over the map with guys- and girls- and their looks, so honestly, I was surprised they expected anything at all.

Pretty common to think like that. The guys my coworkers think I should hook up with do nothing for me. I still to this day can't understand how they think I would in any way be attracted to these guys we see at happy hour.... yet they are falling all over themselves wishing they were single.

I know exactly what you mean! My girlfriends are always tryin to hook me up with guys, and they know what I like, but the guys the pick are the complete opposite of my type and until the moment I meet them my girls are like "OMG, he's sooooooo hot, you're gonna love him!!" Then I meet them and I'm like WTH!?!

why WHY do friends do this?

my friends did this to me as well. went on and on about how i would LOVE this guy... i met him and ...FAIL.

i don't know how friends who know you so well can be so off-base.

maybe it's because they're keeping the truly attractive ones for themselves?

and ghost, i rarely ever think a guy that one of my friends is dating and bragging about is anything special. i know what you mean. this one girl i was friends with who i thought is really cute, is also really really shy so i was really psyched for her when she started talking about this "amazingly hot" guy that she was seeing. when i finally met him i discovered that he was severely overweight and had a really bad sweat problem...and was also kind of crazy (he kept talking about how he loves cumming on girls backs all night.)

i had a friend hook me up with a girl and she told me all about her. turned out to be a great gf. too bad i let her go. *punches self in the face*

Awww... don't punch yourself, now... there are other great girls out there. I see hot women all over the southwest US. Some of them have to also be interesting and fun, statistically....

Happened to me once in like the end of August I believe it was. One of my buddies from work called me up and asked me if I wanted to go up to a near by city with his buddie. This city is part of the Greater Toronto Area, and its just above the Toronto boarder. They were going to meet this hot girl and she had a few friends. So I drive to my buddies house and pick him up and then to his buddies house and pick him up and we drive up. Like a 30 minute drive cause I'm familiar with the area and we pick up this girl. She was alright, but dumb as a brick she didn't even know how to get to her friends house or where anything around is. Waste a night.

Archived