MRI Results... um thanks for dropping the ball.

MRI came back normal

Talk about a bittersweet result. Of course I feel some relief, and I have to take the good where it is, but I also have no answers and a ton of really debilitating symptoms.

SIGGGHHHH.

I'm really glad to hear that! I was going to post earlier, but didn't want to dismiss your concern. I've worked in health care for over 15 years and can tell you that from my personal experience, if something is abnormal, you would have heard something very quickly. Like no news is good news. I didn't want to say that at first, cause people would have come out with horror stories and caused you worry. With the amount of testing being performed, those that fall through the cracks is really minimal.. the problem is that there are some that do and you always hear about the devasating results. Kinda like a plane crash, 200 hundred people can die at one time, but it's still the safest way to travel.

Since nothing has been diagnosed yet, I would imagine you'll be going through more testing. I would suggest when your docs office sets these up or gives you the orders to have them, tell them to write on the order to release a copy of the results to you. It's your right to have them, but they're not going to offer, this way, the facility will automatically mail you a copy when the results are released.

One thing I def agree on, WE have to be in charge of our own health care.

It makes sense, livinginsbi- I guess a serious problem would be given aggressive attention. Mostly I hated that I had let them sort of delay my outcome by not doing the legwork.

After I found out the results were normal, the nurse suggested I see a neurologist for my headaches... but I don't have those anymore. Just crazy weight gain, blurry eyes, and hair loss now (though it's starting to improve).

I am not really sure what the next step will be- it wasn't even suggested that I make an appointment with my MD.

At this point, I think I need to make a list of things I want to change. Weight loss, time management, stress, etc. Cleaning up my life will probably help them figure out what is wrong.

Maybe it's all psychosomatic? Gah.

It makes sense, livinginsbi- I guess a serious problem would be given aggressive attention. Mostly I hated that I had let them sort of delay my outcome by not doing the legwork.

After I found out the results were normal, the nurse suggested I see a neurologist for my headaches... but I don't have those anymore. Just crazy weight gain, blurry eyes, and hair loss now (though it's starting to improve).

I am not really sure what the next step will be- it wasn't even suggested that I make an appointment with my MD.

At this point, I think I need to make a list of things I want to change. Weight loss, time management, stress, etc. Cleaning up my life will probably help them figure out what is wrong.

Maybe it's all psychosomatic? Gah.

You have PCOS too, right? That sounds so much like everything I've experienced (minus the hair loss...mine got thicker...apparently, it goes either way)...

Check out The PCOS Diet Book and Living With PCOS.. both good books I picked up

You have PCOS too, right? That sounds so much like everything I've experienced (minus the hair loss...mine got thicker...apparently, it goes either way)...

Check out The PCOS Diet Book and Living With PCOS.. both good books I picked up

Oh thanks!! Those books sound great.

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2004. It's always been kind of a mystery to me.

Take the BC, take the glucophage, but don't feel any different? LOL

But I so wish my hair got thicker

Losing your hair is so degrading.

Can I ask if there is anything you've done for your PCOS that helped?

Oh thanks!! Those books sound great.

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2004. It's always been kind of a mystery to me.

Take the BC, take the glucophage, but don't feel any different? LOL

But I so wish my hair got thicker

Losing your hair is so degrading.

Can I ask if there is anything you've done for your PCOS that helped?

UGH, glucophage made me soooo sick... like my intestines were being ripped from my stomach.

Which BC do you take? My dr said Yasmin is the best.

Diet is SUCH a huge factor with PCOS (I know, I need to follow my own advice lol)... you need to be really careful about any sort of refined carbs (white sugar, flour, white bread, that type of thing)...eat a LOT of fiber too. When you let your diet go, it's supposed to make the symptoms of PCOS a LOT worse and a lot more unmanageable.

There's a forum for pcos.. let me see if i can find it.

Soulcysters, that's kind of cute in a ...gross way. lolol

This is all really valuable information, I am going to drive in and figure some things out.

I don't know why I ignored the idea that PCOS could be causing these problems. It was always just a phantom disease I had.

Thanks, girl!

I didn't take it seriously AT ALL either... I thought it was just something little and not really note-worthy...but my doctor has assured me that's NOT the case hahah.

I'm honestly kind of surprised your doctor hasn't made much mention of it...

I know! And I saw on that site that there are 5 types of PCOS??? I don't even know where I fall!

My doctor only ever says "You have gained weight. It must be very depressing to be so big." (She is Indian, isn't very personable,etc)

O_o

I'm not THAT big. Sheesh.

!! whaaat

god. you're NOT! You look good! Jeeez.

And 5 types??? What. Okay, I fail too. lol.

I tore my Achilles tendon a couple of years ago when I was lifting 3 big flats of flowers at a greenhouse and I went to the Urgent Care place and the doctor was SUCH an ass, "You know this only happened because you're so overweight"....uhhh...no, it happened because I'm retarded and don't know how to lift things properly. Thanks though. Props on your bedside manner.

!! whaaat

god. you're NOT! You look good! Jeeez.

And 5 types??? What. Okay, I fail too. lol.

I tore my Achilles tendon a couple of years ago when I was lifting 3 big flats of flowers at a greenhouse and I went to the Urgent Care place and the doctor was SUCH an ass, "You know this only happened because you're so overweight"....uhhh...no, it happened because I'm retarded and don't know how to lift things properly. Thanks though. Props on your bedside manner.

OHH. I feel that pain. Omg I'm sorry you tore your achilles...

And extra pain from idiots saying stupid things! yay.

Hey,

Just wanted to say: congrats on the MRI being normal! It must be really frustrating to have unexplained symptoms, but when I read your first thread (I lurk a lot), I was worried ... I had a lovely lovely cousin who had similar symptoms, and ended up having brain cancer, died a few years after she was diagnosed. Didn't want to say anything on the other thread, so as not to scare you, and am glad I didn't since the MRI at least was ok!! Even though it sounds like you have had some awful luck with medical issues, this is still a result worth celebrating, I think!

I hope you are able to find a doctor who works VERY hard to resolve your issues.

Hey,

Just wanted to say: congrats on the MRI being normal! It must be really frustrating to have unexplained symptoms, but when I read your first thread (I lurk a lot), I was worried ... I had a lovely lovely cousin who had similar symptoms, and ended up having brain cancer, died a few years after she was diagnosed. Didn't want to say anything on the other thread, so as not to scare you, and am glad I didn't since the MRI at least was ok!! Even though it sounds like you have had some awful luck with medical issues, this is still a result worth celebrating, I think!

I hope you are able to find a doctor who works VERY hard to resolve your issues.

Oh that's so terribly sad, I'm sorry to hear that.

Thanks for your support!

Archived