Well ill get started by thanking everyone here at ENA. Regardless if you think you helped or not im sure you did, ive been reading everyones posts and comparing to my situation, and ive posted and replied to some as well, even posted my own, to recap, my ex gf broke up with me just over 3 months ago now, she was the first person ive ever loved, it was VERY unexpected, other then the fact her friend was doing her very best for about 3 months to try to break us up after they re-united. Many hard nights, many hard days, ive had to keep myself busy, as easy as it is to say go NC, its not as easy to do.

Well im 3 months into NC now, and with a couple times i looked at her pictures, listened to songs that we liked together, cried myself stupid for hours and long lonely nights ont he weekends, worked tons of overtime to keep myself busy, hanging out with friends, keeping my mind occupied, i still found myself trying to drain my sorrows in alcohol and prescription drugs, i had a drug problem in the past. Although with a few nights getting too deep in drinking, i made it through the worst, or so what i choose to believe.

I looked at her picture today and felt the spark that i once had for her was gone, i still love her, but i don't get that upset cramping feeling in my stomach that i did looking at her picture right after the break up, it is much less intense and almost unnoticeable, maybe its all the hurt and pain consuming me and turning into hate and frustration, but still i feel that i made a breakthrough today when i looked at her picture (on accident mind you, i just realized i still had her sister on facebook, i deleted my ex, and her sister posted pictures of my exgf). Im sure i'll always love her but today is a good day, because i feel that God is actually allowing me to move on with my life now. A new chapter begins.

I hope that everyone who goes with NC sticks NC because it works for me, yes you still feel pain no matter what, but you will stop thinking about them.

Thank you everyone at ENA for your replies to my posts and all those threads out there that kept me from doing something stupid on MANY lonely nights, and nights yet to come i want to thank you in advance, because this is a stepping stone but im sure there will be more to come.

much love

Congratulations, confused. I can relate to when you looked at your ex-gf's pictures..and felt nothing at all. I've only been on NC for 12 days, but already, whenever I see a pic of my ex or think about her, now, I don't feel sad or down anymore, because I can feel myself healing and moving on. Keep on going, Ill be right there with you.

right on bro! Yeah sometimes we have our days of epiphanys and some days that were super lonely and it hits us. Ive been through some rough hard break ups that i never thought i would be able to over come but after each one, life hands me higher rewards. There is always someone out there better for us. How is one to know who is right for them without some trial and error? Everyone has to get hurt afew times to realize what they want and dont want in a partner and even in themselves. Keep up the good work!

That was very inspirational! I am on Day 5 and I hope in 3 months of NC, I will be on the same page as you buddy!

Just a question, during this 3 months of NC, has she tried to contact you?

Thank you so much for your replies guys, i really appreciate it and im glad that i could be of some inspiration to some of you too. in those 3 months she made a few attempts at contacting me, some as it turned out to be very measly lame attempts just for me to contact her at all, id assume just to try to assure herself she still had the control over the situation and that id be there for her when she was doing with her immature party phase, to bad im not there and i guarentee the next guy wont treat her the same way i did.

Keep your chin up and keep in no contact, its truly the best and only way.

Archived