How Can I Stay Away From Home?

ilovethatgirl

Okay, so I'm from Saskatoon, SK. I moved to Ottawa, ON, and then after numerous issues (past posts deal with these) I came back to Saskatoon and stayed with a friend for a bit of a "mental health break".

Here's the catch. I had to leave (since the room they were letting me use was being filled with someone who REALLY needed it) and since have been living with my grandparents in Spiritwood, SK. And I CANNOT LIVE WITH ANY OF THESE PEOPLE. My Grandparents, my Parents... it's UTTER HELL. Even more so than it apparently is for every teen, I mean living with them I seriously have suicidal thoughts every day.

I'm really considering quitting school, getting a full-time job, and finding some little apartment or whatever and renting. Does anyone have any advice, explanations, orders, or other such words to throw at me before I go ahead with this?

When we get older, and spend more time away from family, it gets harder to spend long amounts of time with them. I had a roomate who couldn't spend more than a day with her family.

if living with them is affecting your mental state of health so much to the point that you can't even focus on school, then living alone may be just what you need. But, is quitting college really worth it? You gain so much from that experience. Maybe there is someway you can live with your grandparents, but still keep your interactions with them limited, and still go to school.

If you quit school you're dooming yourself to second class citizenship and a rougher life than you've got now. You'll beat yourself up thereafter trying to find ways to afford completion of what you're so close to finishing now.

Can't you finesse your family until you find a way out of there?

In your corner.

Archived