straightening hair

speak

Hey everyone!

So, I have really, VERY curly hair and I haven't ever straightened it until last week. It was a spur of the moment thing that my older sister wanted to try on me but we didn't use any products. It turned out looking good thought. It was a conair straightener that we used. Today however, I purchased a very nice CHI flat iron and I bought some KENRA heat protectant spray.

Has anyone ever tried KENRA hair products?

What type of ritual should I use when straightening my hair? Like what routine?

Thanks for ANY advice!

-Speak

Always wash your hair first before doing it and blow dry it straight. It's going to be easier and your hair will look cleaner and bouncier.

If you have fine curly hair like me.. good luck... lol I struggle with it a lot.

You wont be able to handle much products elsewise you can use a serum on it to prevent flyaways etc...

take a shower, towel dry it, add some of the cream, then blow dry it so that it's not wet any more. start straightening from the bottom of your hair (put the top parts up with clips) and work your way up. you can also use some other finishing product after you're done.

My hair is also very fine and the ends tend to get frizzy so I just use spray in conditioner on the ends. I also find that my hair tends to straighten better the day after I wash it and doesn't get so frizzy.

I've never tried the KENRA products so I can't attest to how well they work, but I've tried the Rusk products and they work pretty well.

Archived