Tarot readings

Jess...

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this is in the right sub-forum, but it's spiritual, so I guessed here.

I just had my cards done this afternoon, for the first time, and found it fascinating. The lady that did them was very good. Some things she said really resonated with me, and other things didn't make much sense in relation to my life. All in all, it was an interesting experience, and I would do it again, even though I'm not sure I really believe in that sort of thing. It was something I've always wanted to do but had never done before so I did it today.

What do you guys think about tarot readings?

i had my cards read a year or two ago and i also found in fascinating. she was spot on (100%) with a few things, she even predicted a few things that happened within the following six months. it was incredibly strange. after that i got my own deck and was taught how to read, and i occasionaly do a one-card read for myself. it's just enlightening, opens my mind up, etc.

plus its fun!

Tarot reading is just a little psychology trick, it's called cold reading. Basically, what they do is give certain statements which are very general, and can apply to anyone, but they say it in a way which tricks our mind into thinking that they're a lot more specific than they actually are. That way we associate the readings with our own lives, and it feels like they know exactly what's going on, when really, it's all a little trick.

There was an experiment done by a psychology professor once, he was going to perform an "incredibly in-depth psychological analysis" on one of his classes. He had every student write out a test, and then told them that he would have a team analyse them. A month later, he handed everyone back their analysis. Something like 85% of the students said that it was a perfect match, and that they had no idea that the professor would be able to gather so much information based on the questions asked during the test.

The professor then told everyone to pass their analysis over to the person on their left. It turns out that every single analysis was exactly the same, and yet everyone thought that it had to have been written specifically for them as it was too spot-on for it to have not been.

So what this shows is that as long as they're careful, a tarot reader can tell everyone the same thing, and they'll be right 85% of the time.

Hey there, I actually had a tarot reading for the first time on my birthday (about a week ago) by a co-worker. I picked all of the cards after concentrating on a certain feeling or question in my life. She read me the interpretations from this book and it was eerie how dead on they were. Im not into stuff like that, but I do think that just like dreams, your own interpretation of things can tell you what you may already know but dont realize. I think tarot is pretty interesting now. Also, I believe in good energy and bad energy and that what you put out effects everything else. This is based on science (i'm a science major), since every particle has a natural vibration unless at absolute zero (0 Kelvin), in essense, everything except anti-matter gives off energy. It is this energy that I think can have an effect on things. If you focus on a certain aspect of your life, who's to say the energy you give off can't influence what cards you choose....

LOL, if you're actually a science major, good luck with that (Hopefully not a physics major, because that has nothing to do with real physics). First of all, nothing can be at absolute zero, and second of all, particles do vibrate, but it's completely random (It's based on the amount of entropy within the particle). What do you mean by "gives off energy" if you mean they radiate electromagnetic waves, then that's true of both regular matter and anti-matter. Anti matter is the EXACT same thing as regular matter, only with opposite electric charges. In fact, if every single piece of matter was instantly exchanged for anti-matter and vice-versa, then we wouldn't even notice it, because they're exactly the same.

Believe what you will, but don't say it's supported by science.

Archived