i keep a sinister smile and a hold of my heart...

arientette

okay i guess, were all on break right now, but i do get to take personality theory next semester. so ive had a lot of ups and downs lately.... not sure why.

Wow you a psych major too?!!!!

I love personality theory, and personality disorders. Eysenck, Rogers; false self, intraversion/extraversion, etc etc.. its such great stuff!!! xxx

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im pretty excited about taking it. i love that stuff. i love the mind and how it works.

Yeah, its really hard work , but its worth it.

And its kinda emotionally draining too, because its so real, so everyday, stuff u can't just 'forget' after the exam. Its real life! and that scares some people.

I think your a good person to study psychology though.

• 3 weeks later...

so, i moved, i had a really bad night the night before i left, it left me sick, tired and hurt. but then in the morning i woke up got my stuff and left. yeah it was sad, but i havent cried or wanted to hurt myself since ive been here, all of my wounds are close to being healed, just not what i pick at without thinking (thats part of the ocpd) i feel good. calm and at ease.

so, i moved, i had a really bad night the night before i left, it left me sick, tired and hurt. but then in the morning i woke up got my stuff and left. yeah it was sad, but i havent cried or wanted to hurt myself since ive been here, all of my wounds are close to being healed, just not what i pick at without thinking (thats part of the ocpd) i feel good. calm and at ease.

Thats great hun

Are u ever gonna go back or is the move permanent?

xx

well i dont know, i mean i havent hurt myself or wanted to, but that dosent mean i havent thought about it.

i think this might be permenant for a while. if i did go back it wont be for a while.

it took me moving away to see how much harm the people i was surounding myself with were actually making it worse.

well i dont know, i mean i havent hurt myself or wanted to, but that dosent mean i havent thought about it.

i think this might be permenant for a while. if i did go back it wont be for a while.

it took me moving away to see how much harm the people i was surounding myself with were actually making it worse.

you mean uni and the people there was making it worse?

How so, i thought you said your flat mate was awesome?

i had two of them, one helped, the other it seemed did everything to contradict her. school wasnt horrible but it wasnt great, i had my ex in a class with me. it wasnt all horrible, some of it i liked. but it feels better not having to worry so much about pleasing my roomates, paying the bills and rent right now. i feel more loved and wanted at home.

i have kinda mixed feelings on my roomate situation, if that makes any sense? while i loved them only one actually helped, and in the end right before i moved, it just got kinda weird with them.

does any of that make sense?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oh, im fine. right now im okay. i havent cut/burnt in about 2 months.

the only thing that is really bothering me is my mother never seems to pass up the chance to insult me. or make me run errands for her. i twisted my ankle and coulcnt walk i had to be back out and running her errands for her....just stressed thats all

Hey arientette, good to hear from you!

I'm glad you've been able to stay in recovery, that's excellent!

The next time your mom treats you poorly say this in your head, "She doesn't really know me and she is a very unhappy person who needs to put others down." How long do you plan to be there?

I know this is going to sound a bit rude, but when I know what the person who's talking to me would be unhealthy for me to hear I replace their phrases with "Wah wah wah" in my head. That way I can't really hear what they are saying but it looks like I'm paying attention. Since you'll probably be there for a while you might want to try it.

Also, are you getting out with friends enough? That can help tremendously.

I know this is going to sound a bit rude, but when I know what the person who's talking to me would be unhealthy for me to hear I replace their phrases with "Wah wah wah" in my head. That way I can't really hear what they are saying but it looks like I'm paying attention. Since you'll probably be there for a while you might want to try it.

Also, are you getting out with friends enough? That can help tremendously.

Hey arienette!!!!

I agree, friendship is an amazing buffer against depression! Good friendship anyway. xxx

Start with a small change?!? A small, modest breakfast (cereal or pop tarts); a healthy lunch (moderate sandwich and fruit, soup and bread, etc.); a nice dinner (fair portions, good variety, quality ingredients) - there, 3 meals a day (most people eat a lot, lot more than that - also, see if you can do this without snacking!).

This could be an act of self-control, an accomplishment, and a literal means of feeling a little bit better and more balanced (I often skip any "real" lunch, and, I pay for it later in the day).

Can you just try to achieve this healthy and humble goal for eating? If you can do it, then, maybe you'll be ready for something else?? [if you can't do it, then there may be a major underlying problem that you may really want to address.]

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Any luck, Arientette? Unless one is a superhero, you just CANNOT expect to fix everything at once, now. I am in no way an expert, but, really, aim for one small change at a time (and don't expect it to work if you cannot get yourself to look forward to it!). It is usually the people who worry the most about their weight who need to the least?

Cuting doesn't make or mean that you're crazy (might mean that some of those friends aren't as much there as you'd like to think!), just that you are trying to deal with problems. A good approach, healthy? No way. Still, sometimes we try to solve things with not the best tools, but, even lousy tools can help you to success.

I'm tempted to say that you've a lot going on at once. Counselling might be good, the collective wisdom of this forum is serious stuff, and shoot for a plan for both problems and symptoms.

O.K., I don't know you, but, to be honest, I AM interested in how you are doing. Please send a reply or a PM, O.K.?

O.K., sorry - you are getting help from a therapist (see - you're already one-up on people like me!)! My bad.

All of the people giving you a hard time are: embracing stereotypes? acting like jerks? talk caring but don't walk the walk? not so close as you think? some folks must be interested in what and why is going on?

it does sound good. its been rough, the thought keeps popping up in my mind. but maybe if i have something to look forward to? with the small changes to make?

which thoughts? the temptation to cut?

try to identify what specifically it is that triggers it each time. which pain is it you want out? Who would it be because?

well i havent cut seriously in about two weeks or so, the thoughts always come when im arguing with my family....or when i get news thats bad. which happens alot.

my parents seem to think im arguing and pushing people away because i dont want them to love me.

when in reality i think i might do anything for love.

and i kinda stopped seeing the therapist....she quite litterally berated me and told me to get a job that was better then the one i have. and i love that job.

needless to say...my family and friends dont see it...but im a little screwed up in the head right now...

Oh hun,

*Hugs*

i know the feeling. The one where you want love, but just not their kinda love sometimes.

As for the therapist, i think you are right. if she doesn't make you feel better, if she pushes you and tries to advise, you are better off not continuing. you have to like your therapist and feel safe and able to trust her.

However i wouldn't recommend letting this experience put you off therapists for good though hun, you might get a good one next time. Perhaps try a psychological psychotherapist? or a counsellor if you want something a little less hardcore.

What are you worried about right now?

xxx

WHAT is the deal with your therapist? girl friend may be right - we're only human, and you can never tell if the two of you are the best fit until after a decent amount of time and interaction. Don't feel bad! I'm sure that she has her reasons, but, you seem to indicate that she's missed the mark, by quite a margin.

What is this job that you love and she hates? [PM me?] Is there danger involved? What is her idea?

[God forgive me] Inspector # 12 at the Oklahoma Ginsu knife factory?

its actually a farm. i work with kids giving tours of the farm. i find kids and animals dont care if your wrong or right and i love the job. but she wanted something more professional. i hate professional being in a suit and an office would just kinda kill me.

lol, i dont think they have very many people in oklahoma knowing what exactly a ginsu knife is, so i dont think they would have a factory for it....maybe a bowie knife factory though?

A farm? Nice animals? Giving tours to children? How is that not nice?! Probably helps to keep a person calm.

Not everyone is going to be working at a desk in a skyscraper; of course, you could, the real question is what are your career goals? If you are not sure, then, you may as well explore.

[bIC razor blade factory quality inspector # 12 (I bet I'm so close to being banned from this forum!)? ]

Archived