wrote my ex a love poem... oh well

i thought i had deleted all the pics of my ex (my first love, we broke up 3 months ago, dated for 3.5 years) , i found one that we took during the 1st year of our dating. it was her birthday. that was the day i made her very happy. now she doesnt even want to speak to me. i know it was me who pushed her away. we broke up many times before. i always went back to her, promised that things will be better. but in a way i never kept my word. now part of me still wants her back. cuz i remember how i hurt her in the past and made her cry. i wish i can just have one more chance so i can make her happy again. but im not sure if i will ever get that chance.

her b day is coming up in jan. i havent seen her since this august. we talked a few times via email and phone. i thought about going by her house and drop a small b day gift in the mail box and leave. i also wrote this poem on the back of that photo. i plan on leaving it there for her too. i dunno if it will do anything. for some reason i felt like doing it. i know this is kinda corny but... here it goes

i am still waiting

for your awakening

will you ever return

so we can both learn

to truly forgive

and to forget

i dream of our reunion

and our communion

one day

in the not so distant future

so we can once again

take another picture

together

at the top of the world

overlooking the beautiful horizon

and say to each other

true love does conquer all

I think it sweet and I would leave it behind as well. When I write something for someone once it is inked out onto the paper it no longer belongs to me but to them.

So certainly - leave it for her.

BUT.....

Don't expect any kind of response. Don't expect her to acknowledge it. Don't wait for a phone call that will not be coming.

If you can leave it and truly and honestly expect NOTHING in return then by all means you should do as you plan.

The poem is beautiful and I am sure she would be grateful but there is a difference between that and wanting someone enough to make the effort. It will not make her want you anymore than she currently does but will help remember you fondly.

Good Luck

Archived