Has anyone used SallieMae tuition pay plan?

iwishiknew

Is this one where it refinances your student loans? Research and read the fine print. Traditional student loans have a grace period where you don't have to start paying until after you graduate, or a period of time later after you graduate. If you refinance your loans for a lower payment or to consolidate, you might lose that benefit and you may have to start paying sooner or if not you may have more quidkly accruing interest or a balloon payment.

I don't trust Sallie Mae. They have screwed me over a few times on student loans, and they own a bunch of bad reputation debt collection agencies too. I'd go with the Feds - they are getting better organized these days. Also check out state agencies for assistance.

I love Sallie Mae. Whenever I hit it hard financially, they are more than willing to work with me. Love 'em! I am now deferred until after I finish grad school. But I am paying back one loan now. Go for it! You will never regret investing in yourself. My schools both ran about $900 - $1,000 per unit. I would need a huge scholarship.

I used Sallie Mae very successfully. They had a program where when i first left university, my payments were low, then they gradually rose as my income rose.

So i thought they were great. I had a loan term over 15 years, but the amount i paid was always affordable based on my income.

btw, i think anytime any loan goes into collection the collection agencies are always horrendous, so i wouldn't blame sallie mae for a bad experience with a collection agency.

Archived