Possibly feeling a bit sad...

xblondyx

Heyy guys. Feeling a bit down tonight, someone cheer me up?

I've known this guy for ages, not as friends but like...he works at my local bar and i'm in there every weekend/every other weekend so i always say hi. We've gotten much closer recently and i've been getting total different vibes from him.

He's been texting me constantly, he bought me flowers for absolutely no reason and on nights out he keeps coming over with drinks and stuff...

So i've been starting to think about him a bit differently. We've not really said much to each other about it..though i did drunkenly tell him i "liked him". I dunno which way he took this as he was a bit drunk too..

He came over the other day and we had a nice chat and got on really well and i started to falter...i did like him but i was starting to think it was mainly as a friend..but if we got to know each other more then it could be more but only time would tell..

Then since then he's been really distant...i've still had texts but not that many and he just hasn't seemed himself.

So, anyway, he was meant to be coming over tonight for a couple of hours. But i've just got a text saying "I don't think I should come round...you seem to be expecting a lot from me, and seeing as how we've only known each other properly for a few weeks i don't feel as comfortable as i should. i'd hate to give you the wrong impression, so i think i'll just stay home. we can still organise a night out sometime soon if you like x"

Which is completely fair enough.

But he has given me the total wrong impression and kinda played around with my feelings which has made me sad.

I sent him a message back saying that maybe i had given him the wrong impression too..that i liked him as a friend and we have a laugh when we were together and that yeah, we could go out as long as it wouldn't be weird after all of this..

I feel kinda weird now i dunno how to describe it. I guess it was nice to think that someone actually liked me, and now he's put it pretty blunty and i feel sad. that maybe ive lost him as a friend too...and i dunno what to do

Archived