She keeps on texting me, interested? or just lookin for friendship

tmp02161248

I met a girl at a halloween party, we hung out a good majority of the night, along with a friend of hers and a few of my friends. Before she left she got my number(to be honest I'm not sure who said what or how it happened) later that night she texted me, saying hi, reminding me who she was, and that's how this all began. She lives 90 mins away from me, although we go to schools within 15 mins of eachother,

At first I wasn't sure what I thought about her, I mean I met her once at a party but then she texted me the day after the party, and it was by far one of the most random, grossest message I've ever gotten from a girl talking about getting boogers over herself when she sneezed, and it might sound crazy that's when I started to crush on her, if you knew me it may make a little sense. We continued to text back and forth that night, the next day we talked and I asked her if she wanted to do something, I forget what I suggested, bowling, goin to a concert, something and she was working that night, then she had school another day I inited her somewhere, she invited me to her birthday party but I had to work that night. I told her I'd really like to see her again, but it's been hard for our schedules to sync up, I asked what her schedule was like. She told me that she was pretty busy but that she'll try to squeeze me in.

So we continue to text, she's out of town this weekend, though she's still keeping me updated with everything she's doin, with her humor thrown in every now and then. Last night I talked to her about how beautiful the sky looked when the shuttle took off, then later that night or the following morning, shortly after 3am, she sent me a text starting out with "I know your asleep" talking about how her friend that she went outta town with, ditched her for a guy, then talked about how beautiful the sky looked. Since I was still awake I called her, we talked for a little bit, then before hanging up she thanked me for calling her, then sent me a text thanking me again and then telling me I need to get some sleep because I have work the next morning.

And yesterday she proceeded to update me on her trip, just to give u a timeframe the previous paragraph was Thursday, Friday and Saturday, the last part being Saturday morning.

So what do you think? Does she have an interest in me, or does she just see me as one of her girlfriends. I can't tell, we both have really busy schedules, and she isn't blowing me off, but maybe she just thinks I'm just a really cool guy to be friends with. Thanx

Just be yourself, her interest in you shows that she is quite fond of you.One piece of advice could be that you don't complicate matters over texts and calls-i mean don't get into sentimental conversations & don't be emotional.Keep them funny & light.

Also i think u need to meet her and date her a few times before you can really be sure the kind of woman she is.Try to maintain an element of mystery about yourself.Don't reveal all the itsy bitsy details of your life.Bring up something interesting and clever in your chats with her.

Also until u reach the stage when u can meet her almost every weekend(&even later) don't give the impression that your social life revolves all around her. Good Luck!

I'd like to meet her and date her a few times but even that's hard to accomplish. I asked her if she wanted to hang out this week and she said she was pretty busy and that maybe we could hang out after Thanksgiving as she is really busy. So I suggested meeting up for lunch, which may have come off as desperate, I don't see how but it probably was for some stupid reason.

Well I'm not goin to sit around and wait til Thanksgiving, obviously if someone else comes along then I'll pursue her, but how should I handle this girl, do I keep on responding to her texts, and calling her from time to time, or should I lay low and not respond, I think games are stupid, but I don't want her to lose interest, so maybe if I don't talk to her for a few days it'll make her wonder what's goin on?

Well I'm not goin to sit around and wait til Thanksgiving, obviously if someone else comes along then I'll pursue her, but how should I handle this girl, do I keep on responding to her texts, and calling her from time to time, or should I lay low and not respond, I think games are stupid, but I don't want her to lose interest, so maybe if I don't talk to her for a few days it'll make her wonder what's goin on?

smart move

I just don't get why it can't be simpler; "Hey, what's up?, how are you doin, you wanna go out fo some dinner, I know this awesome Cajun place downtown, ok let's meet there at 7:30." I would love for things to work that smoothly but they never do.

So should I ignore her for like a week and then call her up to set something up?

Respond a bit to her texts, don't totally ignore her.I would suggest that you be a little patient here.A week of no communication does not seem appropriate to me atleast cuz both of you are interacting everyday.

Keep contact but don't sound clingy or desperate.

Its a good idea to date other women simultaneously , you never know who you might meet off the blue.If she keeps up the communication then drop subtle hints about your plans.See what happens-Just don't pin all your hopes on her-which i am sure you won't anyways.

I wouldn't say that I'm pinning all of my hopes on her, but since I've been getting to know her over the phone, I'd really just like to see her again, just to give it a chance, but she isn't the only girl. There is another girl I work with that just broke up with her boyfriend, and we've been flirting a lot, I have know qualms about dipping my pen in the company ink or being a rebound guy either.

I'm 22 and I'm in college, and I didn't date much in High School. While a relationship would be great, and I guess the ultimate goal; however I'm not goin to be disappointed if I get some random play along the way. But I'm not gonna lie, this girl from the party is awesome, she's laid back, funny, pretty, and I feel like we really click over the phone, I'd love to go out with her but since we both have busy schedules it's been a real problem trying to meet up since the party and it causes a lot of anticipation to buildup.

Hey!

How are you?

I think she has definitely taking an interest in you. She texted you right after she met you so there must be some attraction.

And you both seem very busy so it's been hard to find the time to figure out if there is in fact something more. So I would say enough of the texting - time to see what transpires in person. Make a plan to see each other and let nothing stand in your way.

Even if she does think you're a cool guy to chat with - that's a good start. Now you need to test the chemistry so to speak and go on a date. Plan something fun and light like bowling so it doesn't seem too serious.

Good luck!!

PS You gave me some good advice earlier this week about taking a chance and being more forward with a guy just I met and we're supposed to go out on Saturday...he said he was shy. We shall see! But my point is to take the chance like you told me to do. What do you have to lose?

Well what should I do to make sure I don't end up as just friends?

Escalate by sexualizing the conversation, introduce her to your touch, etc. Lead the conversation away from her blabing about her day and you being her girlfriend listening to it all. If you want her to look at you as a potential sexual partner that's just how it is.

Archived