OK, this is my situation. In a previous thread i had talked about sending my ex flowers. Well i have decided not too and see if she comes around. This is the problem. We have been living together for about a year. We have a lot a things that we had bought together and we still have bills to pay aswell. she had been gone for about 12 days and she moved most of her stuff out. She will not answer her phone and i am affraid to talk to her when i see her around town. The problem is i would like to move out of our house and start fresh somewhere new. I need to contact her to get things straightened out. I have thought about sending her just 1 rose with a card saying are you up for chinese? We used to go eat chinese to talk about whats important. I know if I send a card saying we need to talk she wont reply to it. I love her lots but i think it would be more healthy for the both of us to not see eachother. Im really stuck on how I can get her to talk to me without her thinking i want to get back together. I just want to settle disputes about bills and dividing our property. I would like to be out of our house by atleast next week. What should i do?

Why do you need her approval to move out of the house?? I think you need to know how you mortgage holder or landlord will handle it, then tell your ex you intend to move out. Let her know about your plan, that she will need to get whatever she has left in the house, that you can work out a schedule so you are there at different time, etc. Be all business. A rose and dinner based on your past dealings would not be good. Those were good relationship dinners, this is breaking up logistics. If you need to end her soemthing make sure it can only be portrayed as a peace offering.

beec is right. No rose or dinner in a place that reminds you of better times. You have justified reasons to figure out logistics with her but let her know that in a simple email. I am not sure how entangled your and your ex living situation or finances are, but if you must meet her to resolve this it should be done in a non-romantic, but down-to-the-point manner, i.e. in Starbucks or public library or such . If you do not need to physically meet her - don't. Email will be enough.

I thought the rose might be nice because she wont talk to me rightnow. I did send her the rose and she called me back and i obained a check from her for her half of the bills. As for our stuff i pretty much just let her have it all! At this point i just dont care! Well thanks for the help everyone. I really appreciate it.