Photography thread

floating_away

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Not really sure why, but I really dig these two photos that I took of my buddy tonight...

image removed

image removed

This one's alright, too, I guess, but has too much going on in the background, methinks, which might be taking a bit away from the subject...

image removed

Thoughts?

My mom just bought me a D90 a couple days ago and I've been trying to learn my way around it. So far I'm getting amazing results. Like commercial quality stuff. Before I'd use photoshop to boost the saturation of my photos, but with the new Nikon I find myself reducing saturation... Amazing camera.

Some photos I took on my trip to Japan this summer.

Crane on the moat of the Hiroshima Castle (I actually had a great upclose shot of it but I scared it and it flew away before I could take it )

image removed

Waterfall up in the mountains of Kobe (you can see a person at the bottom to get the idea of the height).

image removed

Emperor's Garden that he would of seen every morning in his palace in Kyoto long ago (before Tokyo became the main palace).

image removed

Wow you guys have some really nice cameras and pictures Oo. I just scanned through but

Enola: your pictures look great. Seriously. Some of them could be used in text or in magazines. There was one of a fountain with the water pouring down and then a road misty at night with the trees along the side.. sooo pretty.

Sidehop: great, fresh colors.. and your daughter is uber cute!

Colorblue: this reminds me so much of my dog he loves biting at the water. Pretty cool to see it still in just one moment

Wow there are some really cool pictures here. I liked looking through this thread. Here's one of mine. I don't have any photography skills I just point and hope for the best! I am lucky to live in an amazing place and have been to other great places too, which helps make up for my lack of camera skills.

image removed

This afternoon just before the sun went down!

image removed

My thoughts!

This is not my home. I feel sow lost in this world where nothing is carved in stone, my world of plastic and glass sow far removed from me. The sense of vulnerability sow evident in me heart. To know there is no one, to look at a map and to know the next town a 100 + Km away.