When you look deep inside

Iorndad

Do you like what you see? I have been doing it a lot lately and my own answer is no. I do not like who I became and what I have become. The whole time I was growing up I swore not to do things and to let things happen. I let myself down and in doing so I let the most important people around me down. Now I'll I have is time to try and fix what went wrong. It's not very easy and not even sure I can do it alone. My friends are trying to help me and I love them for that. So my advise to anyone on this fourm, before you find yourself in the same spot as me or if you are already there. Please for your own health and peace please take a long deep look inside yourself and ask if you like what you have become. I hope in by doing this to prevent others the same pain and hurt I have brought to myself.

Good post. I have a lot of respect for you, for being able to admit these things about yourself to yourself (and us). The seeds of self deception that we inadvertently sow tend to grow in to powerful weeds that choke our growth to death eventually.

Trim or better pull those weeds as soon as possible.

While I'm already lost in the metaphor of the garden I'd like to ad, that watering and tending your chosen crops is just as important.

So in answer to the question, if I like what I see, is yes and no.

I won't focus all my energy on getting rid of problems. I focus just as much or even more on what I want instead.

I have had personal crisies about this very topic. I have to write down who I want to be and then how I intend to become that person. I check my progress and try to figure out where I go wrong when I do. Self-examination is very important to me but when I confuse it with putting myself down I sink so low. I am who I am at any given moment and that is all the raw material I have to work with so I may as well accept and love myself exactly the way I am right now.

Archived