I want to spend the rest of my life with you but........

angela12

So my boyfriend blurted out that if things keep going the way they are he wants to get engaged ... he said he could spend the rest of his life with me and I am the only one he wants ... we have been together since June/July so thats 6 months ....Problem is ... he hasn't said 'I love you' yet. This is very weird to me. I am thinking that he has an issue with saying it or is waiting for me to say it. What is everyone's thoughts?

ummm.. that's a toughie.

i know when my ex wanted to say it she kind of brought it up without actually saying it first and made it pretty obvious she was going to, because she was nervous, and i kind of went along with that so she was more comfortable saying it. it can be a really hard thing to say the first time it's said.

however..

do you love him? if so, why don't you say it first?

Tell him. Maybe he's waiting for you. My boyfriend told me after we were dating for almost 5 months and when he said it, it made me so happy. But, I was waiting for him, because I was afraid of what he was going to say, and he was waiting for me cuz he was afraid too. But it all turned out for the best.

I finally broke down at the 6 month mark with my BF and told him I loved him. He hadn't said it yet, and I was getting pretty worried. He thought it was strange that I had doubts that he loved me, simply because he hadn't said it.

If your Bf is talking about marriage, then I would say that's a green light for you to tell him "I love you." He probably does love you. If not, then why bring up spending the rest of your lives together?

Archived