being patient - how long?

penelope13

So i recently found out that i am in love with one of my close friends. I also know that he has started developing feelings for me, however he is still in a relationship with someone else. since i've known him he has been unhappy with this relationship, but he seems to have trouble walking away from her anyway.

As said we are good friends. So when I saw him last weekend, we tried talking about what is going on with us. Since he said that he doesn't want to talk about his feelings for me yet, until he is ready to make some kind of commitment, i told him, that i liked him too much than to just be his friend, that i am actually not even able to be his friend anymore, since it would be impossible for me to be an impartial advisor on how to proceed/end his relationship. So i decided that i wouldn't want to see him anymore, nor call him, until he is ready to end his relationship and decide if there is a chance of us getting together. - How much time do you think is reasonable to give him to sort out his emotions?

Archived