Is love blind??

Is love blind, or is it just him? We've been best friends for six years and I've been in love with him for four. I'vre tried everything to get over him--dating other guys, encouraging him to date, and sometimes, evn just plain avoiding him (that backfired--"absense makes the heart grow fonder").

So what do I do? Will every relationship I have be tainted b/c it's not w/ him? Should I tell him how I feel?

We're fixing to graduate, then we're out of each others lives forever. I don't think I could live w/ the regret of never being honest, but I know life isn't like the movies and I don't want to screw up any "meant to be" chances by rushing things.

*sigh*

Pippi,

Thank you for posting to eNotalone.com and sharing your question. I hope that my suggestions help you somewhat.

Rush things? I tend to believe that after six years of his friendship and four years of your feelings, it's really safe to express your feelings towards him. I think you could trust him that much. No matter what, if you have been friends like that, he will listen to you anyways.

If he doesn't have the same feelings for you as you do for him, then I am not sure if that is ever going to happen. After all, he's been in your friendship for the same amount of time.

You're right about regretting not telling him what you feel and how. So, my suggestion is: go out there and tell him how you feel. Then ask him about his feelings towards you.

Good luck!

~ SwingFox ~

Woah...I have to hand it to ya girl! For being able to restrain your feelings for so long that is!

On a serious note, yes, swingfox and eterna2 covered the angles well. You should express your sentiments to him without delay. This way, you are being true to yourself and secondly, you know in your heart that you have tried. Come what may.

Rushing things? Telling a guy you love him after knowing for 5 mins may be 'rushing things', but definitely not in your context here! Take heart, and go do what you have to. I wish you well!