Start to feel depressed

alli

I start to feel really depressed at night. I feel fine during the day, but for some reason just about every evening I feel so depressed and I couldn't even put my finger on exactly why.

Maybe because when I was in college I felt like I had direction; I was working towards a goal.. get my degree & go Active Duty in the military. I graduated about a year ago, worked full time in training. Now I'm in the Guard. I don't have a full time job yet (just finished a long training period not too long ago). I can always find things to do during the day but at night, I start thinking about how I'm not really going anywhere. Maybe I felt fine in college because I didn't know where I was going after I finished.. like an exciting unknown. Now, just knowing it's like... oh.

When I look for jobs, I just feel so unmotivated when I read the job descriptions. Maybe it'll be better once I actually find something. It's like, I can't find the one that is right.

I love living with my boyfriend but, like most people, he works & has things he has to do. So I spend most of my time alone.

The only way to find direction again is to get a direction. It is disheartening to send out resume after resume and not hear anything but sooner or later, you will find something. Maybe you should consider revising your resume to make it more attractive. And maybe you could find a hobby or join an evening cooking / dancing / exercise class at night to keep yourself busy in the meantime. Pull yourself out of your funk and things will start to look up in no time!!

Archived