what do men like about women?

emeraldina

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like women who are smart. Granted, not all women are smart, but the ones who are, I like.

you don't feel threatened... it's very confusing because I read in so many articles that women should stay away from showing their intellect too much because it scares men away .and that men like to feel that they're the ones in control .. not physically but kida like they're the CEO and their women are the VP's. yet I read some men opinions saying they hate women who play dump.. men can be just as confusing as women sometimes!

i wouldn't want to be with a man who wants me to play dumb. I want to be with a man who is confident and comfortable enough with himself that he can see me as i am and not feel threatened. I wouldn't EVER play dumb for a guy...it's not in me.

Girls who act dumb are soo freaking annoying it makes me nauseous!

LOL I love this thread! I think this should be awarded the thread of the year

One more to add...

I also like girls who gets cozy in the bed and waiting me to bring a fresh brewed tea on Saturday mornings.

and i do love a man who is willing to bring me a cup of tea on a saturday morning!!!!

you don't feel threatened... it's very confusing because I read in so many articles that women should stay away from showing their intellect too much because it scares men away .and that men like to feel that they're the ones in control .. not physically but kida like they're the CEO and their women are the VP's. yet I read some men opinions saying they hate women who play dump.. men can be just as confusing as women sometimes!

I only date very smart ones...Thats the most attractive element in women for me...Someone who has guts to challenge me and teach things I have never known before...

The others get boring...sorry!

i wouldn't want to be with a man who wants me to play dumb. I want to be with a man who is confident and comfortable enough with himself that he can see me as i am and not feel threatened. I wouldn't EVER play dumb for a guy...it's not in me.

Girls who act dumb are soo freaking annoying it makes me nauseous!

totally 100% agree with you .. no doubt .. I just wanna understand from a men's position u know .. sometimes, you don't have to play dump .. but just if there's a good idea.. try to make the men feel like it's their idea u know and that you find it absolutely genius and you're amazed by your man's intellect .. I don't know how men feel about that ..

totally 100% agree with you .. no doubt .. I just wanna understand from a men's position u know .. sometimes, you don't have to play dump .. but just if there's a good idea.. try to make the men feel like it's their idea u know and that you find it absolutely genius and you're amazed by your man's intellect .. I don't know how men feel about that ..

If a man is dumb enough to be able to trick that easily....I probably wouldn't be interested.

I enjoy my bf's ability to banter with me. Even if banters usually end in him saying something so nonsensical and me saying 'that didn't make any sense..." and him responding to it "I take that as a win..."

Where are you reading these "articles?"

I don't want to be placated and made to feel like I'm genius. I know I'm not! I can hold good conversations and I'm MUCH more attracted to a woman I can have good talk with rather than one that giggles, bats her eyes, and tosses her hair. *gag*

Thats good strategy to feed man's ego sometimes (not always!) afterall we are built with macho, dominance, and territorial genes.

all the way from vegas? expensive tea hehe...

I won't dumb myself down for a man. I can encourage and appreciate him without having to make myself look dumb.

Yep. Definitely.

Also, if you have to dumb yourself to boost their ego, that's the equivalent of saying "there isn't enough to praise about you, I have to give you reasons for me to praise you".

Insulting to the guy, actually.

all the way from vegas? expensive tea hehe...

I won't dumb myself down for a man. I can encourage and appreciate him without having to make myself look dumb.

I heard Vancouver is beautiful , why not

You dont have to look dumb for sure...Once you have a lasting relationship, you know each other very well, it is good to show appriciation of "male" qualities sometimes.

like "Honey, your hair is so good today", "my bf is very smart meeting his company's CEO this week", "Honey, I know you will win this game today" should I continue?

haha

there needs to be more men saying it's not a good thing to do that .. for it to be convincing... so far .. it was two females saying it's a bad idea .. and two men .. one saying it's a bad idea the other saying it's a way to boost your man's ego (not a bad idea) .. we'll see what more men think about it.. because as a female I absolutely agree with you two girls ..

i would like to clarify...i have dumb moments-blonde moments some might say...but i know i am intelligent so they just make me laugh...

I think you can still be there for your b/f without having to sacrifice your own intelligence...

vancouver is beautful but we're full in the rainy season now hehe

there needs to be more men saying it's not a good thing to do that .. for it to be convincing... so far .. it was two females saying it's a bad idea .. and two men .. one saying it's a bad idea the other saying it's a way to boost your man's ego (not a bad idea) .. we'll see what more men think about it.. because as a female I absolutely agree with you two girls ..

I just think we should give guys more credit than that.

I can find many ways to praise my partner without tricking him or being condescending.

At the same time, I wouldn't want him to do that to me either.

i think it doesn't matter how many guys like it or don't like it...it should be about what you are comfortable with.

Would you want to be with a guy who can't handle your intelligence? who feels threatened b/c you can express yourself?

I don't mind asking my b/f to hang my pictures or put my filter on my sink but i sure as heck won't change my opinions or beliefs to make someone else feel better about themselves...

Being affectionate and praising your partner who they are is well known wisdom for contiuned relationships. it does not matter man or woman.

keep in mind though, we man like to be praised for our muscles, intelligence, handiness, and passion...because how we are built genetically. but of course you have to do that without lowering your intelligence and standards.

u know what .. what I said was a little exagerated.. I'd feel bad for tricking my man in thinking it was his idea if it was mine .. but I meant doing little things that boosts his ego helps a lot .. the best example I can think of is my parents .. they've been married for the longest time and are still going strong .. my dad isn't dumb he's very smart, but my mom is a genius .. and the way she behaves with him has always been "in a smart way" .. she'd never just say .. u know what babe, I don't like your idea.. listen to mine .. so I guess she's not tricking him but she's working her own ideas into his brain using little street road rather than the highway .. smoothly

u know what .. what I said was a little exagerated.. I'd feel bad for tricking my man in thinking it was his idea if it was mine .. but I meant doing little things that boosts his ego helps a lot .. the best example I can think of is my parents .. they've been married for the longest time and are still going strong .. my dad isn't dumb he's very smart, but my mom is a genius .. and the way she behaves with him has always been "in a smart way" .. she'd never just say .. u know what babe, I don't like your idea.. listen to mine .. so I guess she's not tricking him but she's working her own ideas into his brain using little street road rather than the highway .. smoothly

Yeah, I compliment my guy a lot. Definitely needed for a relationship. But, I don't condone setting up your SO for compliments.

Or, if I do, he and I both know who came up with the idea but just pretend that he came up with it. That's more for humour's sake though.

I am glad that we agreed you know what they say about a smart man; there is always a smarter woman behind him!

Yeah, but that's actually a sexist saying.

huh??

I am not pointing fingers here, it is just the current media perception and disturbed feminist views where empowerement comes only from inside not from other partner or anyone else.

I believe in the equality and empowerement where it comes from each other where amplifies each others' success, not single sided or internal...Look at the successful people...the majority are happily married or with someone statistics say it is not me...

What proves the theory that unhappy marriages mostly affect our work success...

Archived