what do men like about women?

emeraldina

What Attracts Men to Women? Beginne...
What Attracts Men to Women? Beginners Guide!

so I read this question in a magazine and I enjoyed it so much to read the answers .. most of the answers seemed sincere and something you wouldn't hear from a man if you talk to him face to face .. so let's try this here.. what is it you guys like about women . the little things, the anoying things, the cute things, not just physically but also physically .. we'll do another thread where women say what they like about men after this one is well done

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk really just how cute they are when they play sports or in class when they answer questions... How they look at you when they are interested but when they catch u looking at them off a mirror or something they get all embarrassed I love it... man i LOVEEEEEEE girlsssssssssssss

annoying thing is playing dumb.. its just dumb ya know

ok, I thought about 7 different ways of answering this question but I suppose it depends upon the situation and the person. I cannot think of something general to say because everybody is different. If what I had to say was valid for all women, then that would merely endorse the notion that all women fall into the same category of "woman" that we see in the mass media - which is false.

If you want to know what I like about women that I see in men's magazines, then that's a separate question. But REAL women are very different...it's too hard (for me) to answer a question like this without satisfying all of the positive or negative interactions I've had with women.

I should also add that what a woman is doing at a given time and under her specific circumstances will definitely (in my experience) influence how she responds in either a positive or a negative way. So again, I find it difficult to generalize personality traits that are supposedly transferable to all women all the time.

Sorry for the lame answer.

You know, I saw this question, and I thought about it for a bit, and nothing came to mind. Most of the things that girls distinctly do that guys don't, I don't like at all. The way they're deceptive with their interest instead of being forward...the way they constantly play stupid (or legitimately are stupid)...and most of all their ego towards guys. We all know girls always are "in competition" with other girls outside of their circle of friends and how insecure they are, but so many girls think they're above guys as a whole and thereforee think they can manipulate them or get any guy they want.

I mean, I like the way they look, but their bodies are mostly aesthetic...the male body is so much better fit for physical challenges. Besides the way they look, they're really pains in the butt when I think about it.

ok, I thought about 7 different ways of answering this question but I suppose it depends upon the situation and the person. I cannot think of something general to say because everybody is different. If what I had to say was valid for all women, then that would merely endorse the notion that all women fall into the same category of "woman" that we see in the mass media - which is false.

If you want to know what I like about women that I see in men's magazines, then that's a separate question. But REAL women are very different...

that's why I said "not just physically" .. if I show ANY guy a picture of a women from a men's magazine.. I KNOW what they're gonna like, they don't have to think about it .. but no I'm talking about real women .. just like I would say that men for me are strong .. not just physically but emotionally and find that facinating and reassuring.. also most men have the instinct to protect and anytime there's a hint of that, it makes me feel really good .. so I was asking the question about women in that way

that's why I said "not just physically" .. if I show ANY guy a picture of a women from a men's magazine.. I KNOW what they're gonna like, they don't have to think about it .. but no I'm talking about real women .. just like I would say that men for me are strong .. not just physically but emotionally and find that facinating and reassuring.. also most men have the instinct to protect and anytime there's a hint of that, it makes me feel really good .. so I was asking the question about women in that way

Btw, I'm relatively new to ENA, and I have this bad habit of editing my answers. I tacked on a response to the emotional aspect of what I like about women. Again it's slippery.

I could say that I find women to be more friendly than men (despite my shyness towards women I am interested in), but then I'm absolutely certain that there will be men and women who will be able to contradict this statement based upon their own experiences.

My perception will depend upon what I place value in, just as your perception depends upon what you value. There are only two personality traits that are super important to me in a woman - intellect and humor. If a woman doesn't have these things, then she won't register. Similarly for you, you place a high premium upon a man's territorial instinct whereas some women may not (of course, I'm not a woman, so if I'm wrong, please point this out).

i think youre taking this question way out of its range. im pretty sure the OP just wants to ask what are some little things that you like about women - stuff you notice that attracts you or makes you crush on them. could be they smell good. could be their smooth skin. could be they laugh cute or they have a good sense of humor. i dont think the OP was asking what do you think ALL men love about ALL women. i dont think the question is asking what do you love about ALL women, either. i think its pretty obvious that not everyone is the same

I could say that I find women to be more friendly than men (despite my shyness towards women I am interested in),

My perception will depend upon what I place value in, just as your perception

u know I was talking to a friend one day and he was saying something similar... he thinks that eventhough he has a lot of male friends some of which he's been friends with since they were kids... he cannot be completely himself and let his guards down or show some kind of weakness with them .. but with his female friends (not many) it was different.. he felt secure to confide his fears and show his vulnerability .. I think it has to do with the maternal instincts of women.. so maybe it's in a similar way that you find women more friendly than men..

lol i think me and clementine are on the right track... the rest of you... are just... out in left field... idk what the op was gettin at but i'm sure that wasnt it.

yeah .. u're right .. that's what I was looking for .. but john streo's answer is interesting .. now DOC Holiday .. that wasn't what I was looking for but it's an imput nevertheless!!!

i think youre taking this question way out of its range. im pretty sure the OP just wants to ask what are some little things that you like about women - stuff you notice that attracts you or makes you crush on them. could be they smell good. could be their smooth skin. could be they laugh cute or they have a good sense of humor. i dont think the OP was asking what do you think ALL men love about ALL women. i dont think the question is asking what do you love about ALL women, either. i think its pretty obvious that not everyone is the same

ok....in that case

When a woman walks I love the way her butt swings back and forth and how she fits snugly in her jeans (a woman I noticed a few days ago when I was at the mall)...there's something about a woman in her jeans that fit her well that "does it for me".

I love it when a woman flips her hair when we are talking, especially when she shows her neck off. She get's extra points for touching the top of her chest/cleavage (positive body language I'm told).

I find it especially cute when a woman is working out and her body is covered in a perfectly smooth, glistening layer of sweat that reflects light as if she were encased in glass

I like it when a woman doesn't need to wear too much makeup.

yeah i thought i was

Dude, it was on monday. (uh oh, this might be another one of those signs that I need a life)

and im not tryin to slam doc, but he might be talkin about the last time he saw a vagina... haha NOT hating dude just merely observing...

lol i think me and clementine are on the right track... the rest of you... are just... out in left field... idk what the op was gettin at but i'm sure that wasnt it.

Yes, I think so, lol, some here might be over thinking the question.

I want to add that I like the way they walk too - that little hip swing and wiggle. Awesome!

edit: my person fav: The yoga girl - all that stretching and reaching etc. and what John Stero said above.

I guess my point was to make you guys think a little deeper about what attracts you to women in general other than the surface things .. I mean I can say I love men's physical strength, their excitment about football and some other thing .. but I can find somethings that are beyond that which make me adore men .. that's what I wanted from men responders here I guess..

u know I was talking to a friend one day and he was saying something similar... he thinks that eventhough he has a lot of male friends some of which he's been friends with since they were kids... he cannot be completely himself and let his guards down or show some kind of weakness with them .. but with his female friends (not many) it was different.. he felt secure to confide his fears and show his vulnerability .. I think it has to do with the maternal instincts of women.. so maybe it's in a similar way that you find women more friendly than men..

I think women are more into talking about their feelings. I tend to enjoy deep conversations and when it comes to intense or passionate things that men/women like to do together, then exploring your feelings deeply is enjoyable, but only with another woman.

btw, did I mention having an intelligent conversation with a woman is something that I like about women?

I guess my point was to make you guys think a little deeper about what attracts you to women in general other than the surface things .. I mean I can say I love men's physical strength, their excitment about football and some other thing .. but I can find somethings that are beyond that which make me adore men .. that's what I wanted from men responders here I guess..

You do realize you are asking MEN what they like about women? We think about sex every 5 minutes. If a woman moves, then sex comes to mind. If a woman opens her mouth to talk/laugh/etc, sex comes to mind. If a woman makes eye contact with us, sex comes to mind. If we see a woman eating, sex comes to mind. Do you now understand why most single men are frustrated?

This is why I stress humor and intellect as the first and foremost criterion for me personally when it comes to women. It's something to satisfy the 5% of my mind that isn't thinking about sex!

EDIT: men have more shark-like brains when it comes to reproducing. That's why some men, if their confidence is shot for whatever reason, are crippled in all aspects of their life if they cannot seek out and hunt down a woman for the purpose of getting it on. Similarly women are programmed to find a mate that will be a provider and (as you pointed out) territorial in a manner that is protective of a woman's interests as well as the interests of the children she gives birth to.

I want to add that I like the way they walk too - that little hip swing and wiggle. Awesome!

eventhough that's still surface things .. I'd like to point out that for most women .. that "little hip swing and wiggle" is natural .. it's not like we do it on purpose.. so next time u see it .. remember it's all natural baby

You do realize you are asking MEN what they like about women? We think about sex every 5 minutes. If a woman moves, then sex comes to mind. If a woman opens her mouth to talk/laugh/etc, sex comes to mind. If a woman makes eye contact with us, sex comes to mind. If we see a woman eating, sex comes to mind. Do you now understand why most single men are frustrated?

This is why I stress humor and intellect as the first and foremost criterion for me personally when it comes to women. It's something to satisfy the 5% of my mind that isn't thinking about sex!

my god .. u can't be serious!! next time I see a men staring .. I'll go straight to him and start telling him my jokes .. then I'll be sure he's not thinking about sex..

Oh yeah I LOVEEEEEEEE athletic girls too like in the gym... if i seem them going hard on the weights, im just like entranced by them.

She doesn't need to go hard on the weights and she doesn't need to be athletic. She needs to be well proportioned - that's all. I know this athletic woman at this gym I go to that is really pretty...but her legs are MUSCULAR. It's amazing to watch her exercise, but damn, those legs scare the hell out of me! If she wears a dress or something you wouldn't know she was so athletic, but I have no doubt in my mind that those legs could snap my back in two if she wanted.

Archived