Need Advice Please

Ok, I am a Senior in College and my Girlfriend of 5 months just recently broke up with me and I am seeking advice on what action to take. I still do love her but not sure if I want her back or not. She has told me that "she wants to spend the rest of her life with me" , "marry me", etc...all the stuff of real serious relationships. She really had me hooked and then her mom got really sick and she had to go home for a couple of days. Well, she tried to call and talk to me but I was unable to talk to her b/c of school (in-class, etc), so instead of waiting she calls her ex-boyfriend. Two weeks later, she dumps me and says that she needs time and space to ease the stress in her life right now. I find out later (2 wks) that she is dating her Ex now. I initially tried to be her friend but she really treated me like crap, what should I do? Should I just move on and forget about her, or just hand in there and try to be her friend? I am unsure about what action to take.

the whole line about needing to be alone or whatever was bull by the way. she just wanted her ex. if i were you, i would have NOTHING to do with the wench. unless she apologizes, she can go to hell. your better off without someone like that. also, they all say things like "she wants to spend the rest of her life with me" , "marry me", etc... that doesnt mean they mean it

Hi,

I understand how you feel dazedpunk, however, I don't agree to it, though. It's very risky to generalize a whole sexe by one person. Some young women mature fast and actually ARE sincere in what they say. In the past month I have gotten to know a young woman, 21 years young, that is very mature and serious about things. I have become very good friends with this young woman and I believe she is VERY sincere.

I do agree with dazedpunk that what this woman has done to you, John is NOT nice at all. She broke your heart and you must feel hurt. Just start a healing process. Take some time to let your feelings go. Your pain will go away. Not overnight, but it will in time. My suggestion is to be really careful in taking her back if that at all is what she wants and is going to ask for later.

I hope this was of help to you and wish you good luck.

~ SwingFox ~

Thanks for the advice. One more thing, she says she doesn't know whether she still loves me or not, how I am suppose to take this? Should I assume that she doesn't since she is with her ex or just don't talk to her and wait? Not sure what I should do about that. Thanks again.

John,

I suggest that you take control in this very situation. Do what your mind and heart is telling you to do. If you think that setting an ultimatum works for you, then set one. If you feel the need to call her, call her... if not.. then don't. I would look for 'closure', though.

Bottom line: Dont let the situation control you.... take control of the situation.

Good luck!!

~ SwingFox ~