Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

A point in my life...

AloneInSf

I'm at a point in my life where i thought things were getting better, but again my emotions have taken a toll on me.

a bit about my situation: 8 yr relationship ended Jan. 4, '08, i have a 6 year old daughter, and have gone back to school. That relationship was supplemental. I put my ex-gf through nursing school for our family, she finished, started working, and 4 months in, decided she'd rather be with a co-worker (same shift, same floor, same unit). This guy is 32 with a 13yo daughter and 7yo son. She bought a house for her new family and is raising our daughter without me. Mind you, i'm not a deadbeat dad, and i try hard to see my little girl every weekend.

for the past 9 months my buddies have been taking me out to meet new people, but the women i've met barely meet my standards. right now i feel like giving up on that search. the only reason i've been open to meeting new women is because i want to fill that void in my heart. that void a lot of people like me know as loneliness. i find myself doing other things too, like watching a LOT of chick flicks. not only that, but i call a lot of friends to hear whats going on in their lives, like who their with, how they met, stuff like that. it sounds pretty sad, but damn, i enjoy "living" through their happiness. i hope this passes soon though, to a point where i can start a good relationship.

oh well, this right now has helped me get through today. feel free to drop some advice or thoughts. anything will be greatly appreciated. i'm off to do some homework.

-Russ

Archived