Is this what shy guys do when they like a girl?

Naomi

So i know this guy in our group who is pretty outgoing like he will come to a party and go over to people he knows and start talking to them no problemo....but with me its like he will hover around me and not say a word until i finally say hey whats up and only than does it seem he can start talking to me...whats up with this? Like he will literally stand 2 feet away from me and totally ignore me until i say hi than its like conversation galore! We know each other for a while now but each time its the same story...than when he is really relaxed and we are all having fun he will tease me and try to get my attention but its that initial awkwardness that i am trying to figure out.Does it sound like maybe he likes me but is shy with me or intimidated?

But if you see a girl that catches your eye....you look at her and often, yes?

Now that you say that, yes, I do look at girls I'm interested in.. a lot. I want to know what she's doing, look at her pretty face, and try to think of something to say. They're always the only ones I'm interested in looking at, haha

In my experience with shy men, if they were interested in dating me they asked me out on a date. It sounds like in your situation that he likes talking to you as long as you start talking to him first, and I would think that since you've done that a few times, he knows you're interested in him which reduces any fear he might have of being rejected by you if he asks you out. I would continue initiating conversations with him and if he is interested in dating you he will ask you out.

I guess looking back this is exactly what I did. Except it was in class as I've never been to an actual party. I would be afraid to talk to a girl I liked, I would look at her, maybe stare a little. Not a lot though. I'd be afraid I looked creepy. But once my crush talked to me, it let me know talking to her was okay and I would talk to her more easily. I wouldn't label what I did as "conversation galore" but I held a normal conversation. I guess I'm still like this somewhat, but I like to think I've made and am still making improvements.

It's just in this age of ours in America it's hard for me to tell what's kosher when talking and interacting with women.

Archived