What's your experiences w/ religious differences?

oh my god... ho

Hi OMG,

I'm sorry that this is what you're going through right now, it's not what you deserved.

You are totally worthy of being loved as 1st, and in time, you will be, just not with this current person maybe. Best wishes & keep posting your feelings, we all grow from reading about them. R.

I never thought of religion as an addiction before, but after looking at those websites (thanks ricko) I could definitely see how that is possible.

After some thought, I don't think religion is the problem here. There is nothing wrong with being a religious or spiritual person. The problem is being closed-minded and feeling there is only one "right" way, and judging others who have different beliefs. But why do they judge others? Perhaps because it is a threat to their personal value as humans.

I think this quote sums it up pretty well:

"The real issue with these people is not their specific faiths. It's their addiction to thinking they are right. It's an addiction to believing they have a corner on the market of truth. In other words, it's an addiction to a "made-truth," that is, to a belief that the truths they've created in their minds are indeed absolute truths and that everyone else must be made to believe in the same truths lest they perish."

Anyway, just an after-thought!

I have pointed out to my ex that her religion is exactly like an addiction. It has taken all of her money ($71,000 over a three year period. She is now dead broke, jobless, and "works" full time for the sect), taken all of her time, alienated her from friends and family, and consumes her everyday thoughts. She replied that if she is going to be addicted to anything it might as well be god. Crazy talk.

Well actually first was God, 2nd was music, and 3rd would have been me.

My ex had me about 15th in line. First was god, second was her pastor/prophet, then came all the members of her church. I was way down the list of priorities. It is amazing how people can do some of the most darndest things and feel justified as long as they throw the "god label" on it.

Archived