my soulmate, my boyfriend died...

Hi Catia, lots of hugs to you.

You will get through this day by day. Moment by moment. And by be loving and patient with yourself.

It took me well over a year to accept the death of my soulmate and well over a year a half to accept my life without him and to start to have new dreams and goals. But the heart doesnt work on a timeline and our minds always forget this, it wants everything done now! So be patient with yourself, and everyone grieves differently and takes their own time.

Just remember that love never dies, even though the physical does. The same love that is causing you so much pain (because he is no longer physically here ) is also giving you joy and strength (because of the intensity of the love you have). The love you have for each other will propel you forward and give you strength for the rest of your life and especially in the times of despair. I know for me it was a process of finding a new place for my loved one and the love - beyond what we can see, feel and touch.

Just remember things won't always be like they are now, you will feel happiness again and his love is always intertwined in your soul!

Much Love

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just wanted to say you said the most beautiful and uplifiting words, i lost my soulmate 4mths ago and it doesnt get any easier,

ive just learned to deal with my loss and to be so grateful i met the most beautiful man, who truly loved me with all his body and soul..

he is in my thoughts 24/7 iknow he is with me, i believe ill meet someone else through him,

thankyou for those beautiful words

have helped me also

xx

• 2 months later...
and, i don't know how to send personal messages on here, because i just joined yesterday, if someone could explain, that would be awesome...but if you need to talk i am here krystallion...i know there have been moments where nothing seems to ease the pain, but i'm here...

hello i was reading your post and it brought back the pain of losing my soulmate 7mths ago,i understand what you are feeling so clearly, all i can say it takes time to accept it, and dont rush it, cry, scream, be angry is part of grieving,. i have my days that i feel ok, but then a song will come on the radio and i cant stop crying thinking of my beautiful christopher. there is not a day that i dont think of him, he brought me so much joy\\in, to lose him brought me so much pain, no words can describe the pain. all i can say has time goes by, you become grateful to have felt so loved and cherised by such a beautiful person, and a lot of people never experience that in their lifetime. i believe we will meet again and that is what gets me through, im here for you if you want to chat.

love hendy

• 9 months later...

I just came accross this site. I have read what melly is going through. I am going thru the same thing. My b/f and best friend died on Sept. 20.He died because he relapsed on crack. He had been clean for over 5 yrs. The man next door knew he was a recovering addict and offered him some. Well because he was drinking at the time, he made the wrong decision. Later in the early morning hours he had a massive heart attack and died. He was my best friend and my real true love. We were like 2 peas in a pod. On how we met, we were fixed up on a blind date 7 months after my husband died. We went out, had a blast. we had been together every since. It would be 3 yrs on Oct. 20 for us to be together. I moved him in after about 2 weeks. I feel in love with him that night. I know that sounds crazy. We had so much in common. we both had some bad experiences in life. My marriage to my late husband was a verbally and mentally abusive one and his marriage end due to his drug use. He had came so far in beating his addiction. The man I came to know after his addiction was one with a heart of gold. We loved being together and helping each other. He stepped in to be a dad to my little girl and now she has lost 2 dads before she is 6 yrs old. I can't stand the thought of going on without him. He had always told me, all he wanted is for me to be happy. He had made me happier than i had been in years. I think about him all the time. at times i feel like i'm smothering. I have a hard time dealing with this. It's totally different losing Richard than it was with my husband. I had fallen out of love with my husbband. I truly loved richard because of the man he was. He was always sending me voice messages to my phone while i was at work letting me know he loved me. The last voice message he sent me was on Aug 24, it was a song by billy currington "must be doing something right" and at the end of the song he said " love ya, darlin. It was the small things he did that meant the world to me. now my world has been turned upside down. he always had a big smile on his face. He never met a stranger. I know God took him so he wouldn't have to go through life again fighting his battle with drugs again. He had just really started living his life to the fullest and it was cut short. it has left me feeling like a part of me died when he did. i don't know how to deal with the pain i feel every day with out him. I never thought there was a man that could treat me the way he did. I had it in my head that they were all like my late husband. richard showed me different. He was only 42, his birthday is on Christmas. I was blessed to have him for the time that i did, but it's not enough. I love him and miss him so much. I sit and cry for me. i know he's in a better place. i want him here with me.

I believe richard is still here in spirit protecting me and my kids. I miss his touch and smell. i spray his cologne on my shirt at night just so i can still smell him.

Dear Mellybelly,

I have a similar story to yours and its crazy cuz our birthdays are so close. I'm in august as well. My boyfriend died on august 26th. The pain in unbearable and I'm still not used to it. For the first two weeks I was completely not myself. I would cry but it hadn't hit me yet. I was only trying to be strong for his family. And now I am just sad. I don't go out of the house as much at all. And I feel we were so close just like you. He died at age 27 and we were the same age. My life I feel will never be the same. But at the same time I feel I am strong. I feel him around me all of the time. I feel his presence, especially when I am really low and feel I can't go on. But he is here. And sometimes at night, he holds me till I fall asleep. Just remember to talk to him. Remember that he is not gone. He is only not here in our physical world. But he is still with you. Talk to him. Write in your journal. I still send text messages and write to him in my journal. And be around your family and people who care about you. And remember! He wants you to be happy. So smile. Smile and feel him. Feel his love and his presence and do things that make you happy. Enjoy your time here and you will be with him again in due time. I know how you feel.....as if nobody knows how you feel. They say time this and time that and you will heal. I'm not too sure about that...but just try to be happy for him. He would want you to be happy. I promise

I am so sorry. That is the saddest thing ever. Hang in there as best you can, and listen, Michael wants you to be happy. With time, your heart will heal. You will always miss him and love him, but Michael would hope for you to live, and love, and laugh.

i am soryy to hear that..i know how hard it is,,just pray..it helps..

• 2 weeks later...

i'm sorry for your loss and my deepest condolences. If you really love him you must go on with your life try to be happy and accept that he's gone but he's memory with you will forever live. Even though he's gone he will always be with you because he loved you and will always will but he will not be happy when he sees you depressed and not smiling. So try to think that if your happy he too will. Stay strong and don't lose hope..

Archived