frustrated with numbers

Caterina

Right now I'm dealing with a lot of outside problems. Among them include the fact that someone I cared about a lot broke up with me two months ago. I had imagined that he'd try to call me since the break-up. WRONG. Lol. In any case, I'm thinking about my patterns after break-ups. I'm going through it all wrong with this guy. My last break up...things gradually became better. But with this one, its like I'm still hung up on the low self esteem you sometimes have post-breakup.

I only date like twice a year and I want to bring up my numbers. I'm trying to think about how I met the guys I dated and it was usually through some organization where we just started chatting and then he asked me out.

I don't meet a lot of men consistently and I deal a lot with the low self esteem b/c of the break up. I think that sometimes I want the guy who broke up with me back...but my friend tells me that if I contact him it will only make me more pathetic and weak to him b/c I would come off as desperate.

I just want to get over this guy but I'm not meeting any men to help me forget him.

Sometimes I'm afraid I'll be alone forever...or worse that I'll settle.

I felt like this for months after my ex and I split, and honestly, I still do sometimes. But throughout all of my sadness, I realized that I am better off without her. Honestly. I don't need her.

I would LIKE to have someone around. I do miss the ability to call someone, any time and just chat. Or go anywhere and do something random. Someone to give me a hug after a bad day at work. But it can't be her. Not right now.

What I do instead is hang out with my friends. I've started kickboxing, and I've met some really great people there. I met this really cute girl and asked her out. Granted I was shot down, but I would have NEVER considered even talking to her without the confidence I've gained by just... doing things.

Archived