we have a abused friend. PLEASE HELP???

friendinneed

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, she just said that her dad doesnt do that anymore because (were guessing) he's terrified to get turned in if we see the bruises again. our friend was rely mad at us because we told and was grounded for 9 MONTHS!!! but now she is ungrounded and just recently found out the whole story and said thank you!!!! this has actually worked out well..

I'm glad things are working out well for now. As the others have said, though, her father may start up again. I don't think it was right of the counselor to discourage you from contacting child protective services. It's up to them to decide how the serious the case is or not.

If you notice any more bruises on your friend, please tell your mother and also call child protective services. It's only a drama if you try to handle this on your own.

• 1 month later...

ok.. it's been about two months since i told our counselor. everything is good now, but everytime our friend wears a sweater we ALWAYS question her, she doesnt like it, but thats how we know nothing bad is going on.. unfortunately i do believe that her dad will start up again.. i'm not going to tell anyone because that is up to her, which she promised to tell her mom if he did because she believes 100% that he's not going to go back to his old ways. now he just yells a lot but that's better than being hurt, right?

I'm so glad she has friends like you. Keep checking in on her. It will help. Unfortunately, getting yelled at is often just as bad as being physically hurt. It depends on what is said and how it's said. Some types of yelling can be verbally or emotionally abusive. Try to talk to her about what he says to her when he yells. The most important thing for you to tell her is that this isn't her fault.

• 2 months later...

Archived