Feeling good about who you are?

Aschleigh

The better I feel about who I am the more I look around and notice few people actually feel good about themselves consistantly.

Do you feel good about who you are? Not what you have , possesions, not who you are with, not the state of your life exactly, but who you are inside?

Was there a time you didn't feel good about yourself and then had to learn to feel better or did you always feel good about who you are?

I also notice that if I feel good about me, I am looking for a partner who feels good about being themselves. It's hard to be around people who hate themselves. People who treat their body and life with disrespect.

The better I feel about who I am the more I look around and notice few people actually feel good about themselves consistantly.

Do you feel good about who you are? Not what you have , possesions, not who you are with, not the state of your life exactly, but who you are inside?

Was there a time you didn't feel good about yourself and then had to learn to feel better or did you always feel good about who you are?

I also notice that if I feel good about me, I am looking for a partner who feels good about being themselves. It's hard to be around people who hate themselves. People who treat their body and life with disrespect.

i wouldnt say that i hate myself inside, it's just i have many flaws internally as a human being and i know what they are but i'm not trying or putting efforts into fixing the flaws to make me a better person

Having flaws is being human. If we were perfect we would not be human anymore.

But I do wonder why you won't put forth some effort in the direction of improving a bit. Unless the flaws are so minor that they don't interfere with your life.

I'm not saying you need to improve, you may be "perfectly" normal human flawed right now.

yeah, I like who I am. I didn't used to. I don't think anyone really likes themselves when going through middle school. Some get out of the funk quickly, others discover it later, and yet some don't quite get it ever in their lives. It's not really something that can be taught either.

Both of my serious relationships were with guys with deep insecurities. I think I may be attracted to that because of my nurturing nature. I try not to be an enabler and I think I balance it out pretty well.

I also notice , the less and less interesting enotalone id to you, the better life gets.

other people's dysfunction and sad stories are not too capitvating to a healthy person.

this is probably somewhat true- i'm not there yet though

i relate too much to people's "dysfunction and sad stories" on here.

I have the exact same experience. When you feel bad about yourself, everyone else seems to be perfectly happy and in control. When you feel good about yourself, you see that many people are sad and insecure.

Yes, absolutely

Isnt it quite normal that you need to mature, in order to become happy? I didnt start to feel better before I turned 30 (went to therapy at that time)

I also notice , the less and less interesting enotalone id to you, the better life gets. other people's dysfunction and sad stories are not too capitvating to a healthy person.

No - although I may have less patience with people, and practicing tough love more. I just hope that people will learn to accept themselves as they are. The notion that you somehow have to be "good enough" to be loved is - my dear friends - utter BS. Of course you should always reflect on whether your behaviour works for you, for your loved ones, your colleagues and the world in general. But the (self-) love should always be there.

I think i can only feel happy about myself in low stress state. Once circumstances and responsibilities are piling up and that it gets uncontrollable, there'll be little gap to feel good about yourself because there are too much burden at hand.

However, in low stress state, I do feel what you feel and hopefully that circumstance for me will come sooner than later.

I have the exact same experience. When you feel bad about yourself, everyone else seems to be perfectly happy and in control. When you feel good about yourself, you see that many people are sad and insecure.

That's sdo great to see. I hadn't looked at that way.

I noticed in one of my classes recently, I am pretty happy compared to most of these people. It's weird because mostly I have been on the other side, where iwas depressed and everyone looked happy. But even then a lot of people who look happy are not actaully happy, they are covering up their unhappiness with substances, work, money, etc..

So maybe the first step to getting authentically happy is to drop the fake happiness. Revel a bit in feeling down , soberly, without resorting to grasping at stuff to make ourselves happy. And then really feel our feelings . And build some happiness from that stripped down point.

I get anxious, I feel sad. But it still feels good somehow these days. Like it's real to feel down for a bit, but not really bad, like it used to. And I know it will come back up soon.

Archived